Help please can you give some ideas on

waiting6, May 28, 10:11pm
leftover roast beef
many thanks

beaker59, May 28, 10:27pm
Makes a great second roast just slice the meat and then reheat in the leftover gravy :)

Or my favourite cold roast beef and raw onion sandwich.

Add to a salad with walnuts and crumbled blue cheese.

cookessentials, May 28, 10:44pm
I make a meaty dish with all left over roast meat. I slice it all, then place it into a casserole dish and layer it alternately with thinly sliced potato or kumara ( or both) sliced onion ( in rings) a sprinkle of a few dried herbs and a can of crushed tomatoes poured over the top. I make a quick gravy and pour that over and cook at about 2170C until the potato and other vege are cooked through.

biggles45, May 28, 11:16pm
I do a similar one, big favourite here. But instead of the gravy I put grated cheese on top, and cheese sauce instead of the tomatoes.

biggles45, May 28, 11:18pm
Pasties are good too. Cut beef into bite sized bits. Mix with a decent sprinkling of thyme (dried is OK), and a thinly chopped onion. Put mix into pastry as individual pasties or pies. Bake and serve hot with veg and gravy.

asue, May 28, 11:38pm
Mince up beef, add herb,flavouring, mix with a thick gravy (add fresh breadcrumbs/or rolled oats if mixture too wet) roll into patties, dip in flour, egg and breadcrumbs and lightly fry on both sides for a few minutes til outside is crispy and patties are heated thru,Serve with gravy an veg, or sauce and salad/coleslaw etc

waiting6, May 28, 11:55pm
thanks guys gives me good ideas and have written them down for the future