Puting ready to cook biscuits in freezer

gerry64, May 30, 12:54am
I have a recipe for choc macadamia cookies - recipe is after mixing roll out and put in freezer until firm (how frozen does this mean I wonder)- then cut and put back in freezer for 20 mins again until firm - can one of you experienced cooks tell me what this will achieve - must say they look yummy

indy95, May 30, 2:24am
Gerry64, this is done initially just to help the dough firm up and doesn't usually take very long. When the biscuits have been cut and put on trays the second period in the freezer helps to ensure they keep their shape when baking.They certainly do sound yummy as you say - would you be able to post the recipe in here later please !

gerry64, May 30, 3:43am
cheers indy -they are yummy -
just out of the oven
Cream 250g unsalted butter at room temp with 3/4 cup caster sugar and 1tsp vanilla bean paste
sift in 2 cups plain flour and 1tsp b/pwder
then 200g dark choc chopped and 1 cuo macadamia nuts quartered
turn out knead gently to combine
roll dough between 2 sheets baking paper to 12m thick- slide onto tray - freeze until firm
cut into 12x 8cm rounds-onto tray about 4cm apart and freeze for about 20mins or until firm
cook one tray at a time mod to slow 160c -20 to 25 mins or until lightly brown and firm to the touch
leave on tray for 5 mins then cool on a wire track
very very yummy