Buying a freestanding oven.

tania209, May 29, 7:58am
.and would appreciate your help.I'm looking at a F&P oven described as having 4 oven functions:bake, grill, fan grill, fan forced.What is the difference between fan forced and fan bake!I do a LOT of baking and would love to do a couple of trays of biscuits at once.Appreciate your thoughts.

somersetting, May 29, 8:44am
I'm pretty sure they are the same thing. We also just just got a new free standing oven (delonghi), and I looooove it. We got a 900mm one and I love having so much stove top room and oven space.

tania209, May 29, 10:49am
Thanks somersetting.I would luuurve one of those ovens but alas our kitchen doesn't have the to instal one without a major overhaul!

shop-a-holic, May 29, 12:34pm
F&P Chinese Range = fan forced and fan bake.
which equals True Aero or Aero Bake in other languages,
True Aero allows multiple trays to be baked at the same time and evenly. Top, bottom and side elements in the oven are used simultaneously.
Areo Bake = Fan behind back wall of oven to circulate heat from oven on Bake which is the Bottom Element on only.

andrew499, May 30, 3:49am
Hi Tania.Fan bake is where the fan circulates the heat round the oven using the top and bottom elements.Fan forced is where you have an element round the fan at the back of the oven.According to what I heard from Fisher and Paykel a few years ago, fan bake is excellent for crisping foods, while fan forced is recommended for multi level cooking such as trays of biscuits etc.Hope this helps.