Need help removing a stubborn smell!!! Please...

twinsforus, Apr 11, 7:55am
I have a baby capsule that has been in storage for about 2. 5 yrs. It smells really musty. I have handwashed in sunlight soap, dried in the sun, still smells. Soaked in napisan and baking soda... . then washed with surf sensitive... dried in full direct sunlight, still smells. I also made up a spray of water, baking soda and eucalyptus oil, sprayed until wet then dried in the sun (several times during the day) but still no success.
Anyone have a failproof odour remover? ? I prefer to use natural products if possible, plus the capsule is not mine, so I need to be gentle with it! !
I googled and soaking it in white vinegar is my next step... . . unless anyone here has a bright idea? ? Thanks

subo, Apr 11, 9:07am
Not easy. I think you are on the right track with using white vinegar. I would try 1/4 cup to a bucket of cold water. Soak well and leave in good windy place to dry thoroughly. I would be tempted once dry to mix a tiny bit of vanilla with water and just spray a small amount on the dried capsule. Again let dry well.

twinsforus, Apr 11, 9:03pm
Thanks! !

natalie9, Apr 11, 10:08pm
Good idea with the vanilla!

jaybee6, Apr 12, 9:28am
If it is the material cover you are washing then put it in freezer over night. think you will find the smell will go.

whitehead., Jan 25, 6:08pm
spray with nilodor you get it from the super market and it will remove any thing