Essene Bread - Otago Region

golfpunk0r, Apr 11, 7:01am
I know that there is pretty much only one maker of Essene bread in NZ as a company, (In Auckland) but I want to know if there are any shops in the Otago region that stock it? Its been very hard to find anything south of Christchurch that do which still may be an option as they do courier but if I can get something more local that would be ideal! :) If anyone knows can you let me know that would be fantastic :D

cookessentials, Apr 11, 7:26pm
Thomsons Foods make the essene bread- I have a provided a link to them, you can contact them and they will be able to point you in the right direction as to who their stockists are in your area.
http://www.essene.co.nz/

golfpunk0r, Apr 11, 8:24pm
Yeah I have tried emailing them twice now but no repsonse - will try calling them this week thanks for that.

unknowndisorder, Apr 12, 1:26am
Sunray Health 2000 Ltd in Dunedin stock it. Delivery thursday. Pay to phone first as they don't get much.
Only supply 3 companies in S. I. - Invercargill, Dunedin & Wanaka. Minimum order 6 loaves if you can't get there.
(Just phoned them to enquire) :)
Hope that helps somewhat.

golfpunk0r, Apr 12, 5:43am
Thank u so much! ! Thats so nice of u - I don't live far from Wanaka so will go check them out :D thanks again! ! ! :D

unknowndisorder, Apr 12, 6:48am
Bugger, I was trying to think which place would be closest. I'll give him another call tomorrow and see if I can find who in Wanaka he deals with (probably another health food shop, but will check).
I think it's a little company, as I had trouble getting a reply from them this morning (guessing out doing deliveries or something).
Thought it would save you a toll call, so check here again tomorrow night for an update (so long as I remember).

golfpunk0r, Apr 12, 7:00am
I think there is a Health 2000 shop in Wanaka that may sell it, it's only an hours drive there and we go there fairly regularly (just started a new eating regime that requires Essene bread) - I really really appreciate you making the calls for me, thanks! ! ! :D very nice of u.

unknowndisorder, Jan 24, 7:13am
Righto, Soul Foods (Ardmore Rd, maybe #84) in Wanaka stock it (hopefully - again, pay to give them a call first, it's probably in the freezer). They've stocked it for ages, but don't get it too often (if that makes sense).
Good luck with your hunt.