Miss 16 made a mud cake-it must weigh 3kgs!

kay1083, May 21, 1:34am
Its a white chocolate mud cake with white ganache(sp)
But I think she over did the white choc in the cake cause thats all you can taste and the topping is solid choc!
Soo sickly to eat ahahaIts the first thing shes baked thats ever failed so shes not happy about it!

spunkeymonkey, May 21, 1:39am
well there goes your diet for the week out the window lol.good on her for trying

kay1083, May 21, 1:42am
The only one that wants to eat it is the dog ahaha

unknowndisorder, May 21, 1:59am
Don't give it to the dog, chocolate can poison them (I've heard cases where it has but also know at least one dog that appears fine after scoffing chocolate cake)

cookessentials, May 21, 2:27am
Hey, it can happen to the best of good cooks, she should not be dis-heartened.just chalk it up to experience!

kay1083, May 21, 2:33am
thankscookessentials, she was at her dads when she made it so I don't know for sure what she did wrong apart from too much white choc! she has had a laugh about it but this is a girl who makes perfect pavlovas every time she has ever made them!

olwen, May 21, 3:03am
I think white chocolate is okay for dogs.It's the brown stuff that's bad

geldof, May 21, 4:31am
Don't throw it away. I would probably cut the choc topping off, cut it up and freeze it.
Could use it to make truffles, cake pops, a triffley dessert.
Small slice heated and served with roasted plums!yum.

malcovy, May 21, 4:35am
Yes I would cut it into large pieces and separately freeze them, then when frozen take a piece out and cut it thinly to eat as is.Or cut some of it up and add to home made icecream eg condensed milk icecream.

antoniab, May 21, 4:41am
I made a white choc mud cake for my hubby last year for his bday (I dont like the stuff but he does). Had the same problem was sooo dense and weighed a ton, was gross, bit gutted cos it used about 3 blocks of white choc so not cheap - cant remember what magazine it was from.

kay1083, May 21, 5:12am
We arn't throwing it away!
We are having some for dessert cut up with custard But the topping cut off!
And Miss 16 took some to school for her friends.she showed them how well a piece can bounce AHAHA

kay1083, May 21, 5:18am
Miss 16 got the recipe from a magazine too!sorry but Im glad its happened to someone else then! And she used signature range white choc buttons- so that wouldn't have helped at all!

antoniab, May 21, 5:28am
Oh no haha I bet its the same recipe, blame the recipe, I did haha