Big50 - where to eat suggestions

rebert62, May 21, 9:14am
Hiall.I am having my big 50th soon. I want to have a casual relaxed dinner with about 25-30 friends.Any ideas on where to eat that has a nice relaxed friendly atmosphere!Everyone will pay for their own meal and I will supply the wine.

rebert62, May 21, 9:14am
.I am in Auckland area.

cookessentials, May 21, 9:28am
Are you thinking of just booking a number of tables at a restaurant or hiring a room!

rebert62, May 21, 9:32am
Hi Cookessentials - I was thinking of just booking tables but I could do either.I don't want it to be an expensive occasion, just a get together with good friends sharing good food and company.

cookessentials, May 21, 10:42am
Ok, one thing you may have to check is that most places prefer one bill per table. Nothing worse than a table or two of people all wanting to pay separately, it makes it a nightmare to sort out for staff and patrons! Just wondering if there is somewhere that is perhaps buffet style ( price per head) or sep menu ( price per head) just a thought.

shop-a-holic, May 21, 1:04pm
The "One Bill Per Table" policy -and I'll call it a policy for a restaurant because its normally printed on the menu for people to read as they order, IF that restaurant has that policy as a perference for invoicing.

It doesn't mean that people can't pay separately; it means their invoicing/accounting system will give a total for the table; and not create an account for separate diners AT that table.

Diners are then welcome to "divvy" or pay for their meals, as long as the total equals the one bill at the table.

Make sense!

shop-a-holic, May 21, 1:11pm
Added: Wine arrangements. BYO or on an account to be paid by you; so as to ensure no wine ends up on the other Table Accounts; can be arranged with consultation with the restaurant Manager.

floralsun, May 21, 1:37pm
Gengy's!

cookessentials, May 22, 12:03am
Sure, thats fine at the table, however, I watched a HUGE group of people at La Bella italia all pay separatley at the register and they were discussing who had what.it peed a heap of people off because they took so long and it just became a confusing nightmare and held everything up.

clareo, May 22, 12:06am
Monsoon Poon

won69, May 22, 12:43am
What restaurants have you been too and how far do you want to travel!

vampiriousmist, May 22, 2:42am
What food do you want to eat ! I work at Wagamama Metropolis(high street) (this is japanese cuisine ) and we do group bookings andpeople can pay seperately.

asue, May 22, 5:16am
Why not pot luck or BBQ your place! Everyone can just enjoy without a huge cost

ruby19, May 22, 6:26am
Not sure where you live or what budget is, but long bay restaurant are byo mid week. Paper moon mairangi bay is good, not byo though.