Current TASTE Mag recipe help! Please

sneeze04, May 23, 11:42pm
Was wondering if anyone had the current TASTE mag and could have a look for a recipie in it.There is one for biscuits that have white choc and cherries in them. Would be super greatful. Ta

245sam, May 23, 11:52pm
sneeze04, I have both the Taste magazine and Jo Seagar's book that also has the recipe however we're going out for lunch and the afternoon so I don't have the time right now to post the recipe - sorry.If no-one else has posted the recipe I will do so, for you, this evening.:-))

indy95, May 24, 12:34am
White Chocolate and Cherry Oat Biscuits

250 butter
3/4 c sugar
3 T condensed milk
1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 c rolled oats or wholegrain oats
1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking powder
250 g white chocolate chopped
150 g glace cherries chopped

Preheat oven to 170C and spray 2 oven trays then line with baking paper. Beat butterand sugar until creamy, add condensed milk and beat until pale and smooth. Stir in vanilla then dry ingredients and the chocolate and cherries. Put spoonfuls of mixture on trays and press with a wet fork. Bake 25-30 mins until golden brown. Cool for 2-3 mins on trays then finish cooling on a rack. Will keep up to 2 weeks in an airtight tin.

I forgot to add the recipe makes about 30 biscuits. This is one of those good basic recipes which can be varied to suit whatever you have on hand and can also be doubled or trebled if needed.

sneeze04, May 24, 6:16am
Thanks so much! Swapped the cherries for cranberries but they are delicious!

indy95, May 24, 11:30pm
They certainly are, sneeze04 and I also prefer cranberries.