Anyone see the final of Britain's Best Dish today?

tigerlilly16, May 28, 3:12am
It brought a tear to my eye - 15 yo Connor from Scotland's dessert won best dish, will be featured on the Menu at the Savoy, and was offered an apprenticeship with the Savoy as well. Good on him! His mum and Dad looked so proud!
Of course he was the winner for 2011 so this probably all happened ages ago but have been following the competion on TV one on and off and just happened to catch the final today after seeing him win his second heat a few weeks back.

winnie231, May 28, 3:32am
I have been watching the series & was in tears for Connor today.
What a fantastic achievement for a 15 year old boy. And the offer of the apprenticeship at the Savoy was the icing on the cake :)
Here's the link to his winning dish .
http://www.itv.com/food/recipes/vanilla-friande-0

pickles7, May 28, 4:16am
Wasn't it fab. only 15, what an achievement.
I felt the second place dish was not a Savoy, winner.
The Savoy got him first, they had to be quick.

fifie, May 28, 4:37am
Yes wasn't he just great, and he made the dish up from scratchfor someone of that age to understand ingredients and flavours like he does he will go a long way.

tigerlilly16, May 28, 4:39am
He was so humble and unassuming too. When I first saw him on the competition a few weeks back I was instantly thinking "Oh no, he looks like a scared wee mouse, he'll crack under the pressure" and you could see the presenter lady was talking to him like he was kind of fragile, not the usual banter but almost talking down to him or patronising him, then he won that heat and I thought 'ok this lad's actually quite onto it' then I didn't see any more heats with him till today and I was pleasantly quite shocked to see him in the grand final, and he was, as was said, really calm and just breezed through it - what an awesome asset he's going to be to a professional kitchen - I can see where other hot-headed chefs lose their rag and have a temper tantrum every 5 minutes he will be cool and level-headed and lead his team with quiet strength. I hope to hear good things about him in the future.

maggie197, May 28, 5:25am
I've been watching this programme too and when he won today I had this huge lump in my throat, tears running down my cheeks - I was so happy for him and especially the proposition to work in the Savoy kitchen. You could see the astonishment in his face. What a bright future he has. Be interesting to see a follow-up on his reigning year.

christin, May 28, 6:56am
i just watched it as recorded it as am at work during the day.I wanted him to win so was so glad to see him win and what an opportunity.

out of curiousity i looked up what four days at the savoy costs lol, one room/suite was 18000 for four days lol, dont think ill be staying there! damn!