MAKING MY FIRST CAKE WITH FONDANT

misticborn, May 30, 10:25pm
Hi everyone, I'm going to try make a cake for my daughters birthday using fondant. I'm wanting to know what is teh besy cake to use. I would like a chocolate or vanilla cake. (recipes are very welcome please)
When would i prepare the cake! Someone told me it had to be made at least 3 days before to harden before putting the fondant on. And a cream of some sort before the fondant goes on.

fifie, May 30, 11:31pm
Will stay moist for quite a few days so you will be able to prepare it before hand.
Lemon Madeira Cake.
1 cup milk125gm butter. Bring these to the boilIn a mixer, beat 4 eggs and gradually adds 2 cups sugar, 1 pkt lemon jelly chrystals and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Beat until thick, then add 2 and a 1/4 cups of plain flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 2 tsp baking powder.
. Mix then quickly stir in the boiled milk and butter. Turn the mixture into two 7 or 8 inch lined tines and bake 180c for 20 minutes. If using a novelty shaped pan bake the whole mixture for 40 minutes at 180c or until skewer comes out clean.
Good recipe for iced Birthday cakes, or cup cakes.
Recipe from kiwi trish a professional cake decorator on here.
Butter cream is good for putting under fondant on a plain cake, have a look here some great ideas and tips.
http://www.wilton.com/

misticborn, May 30, 11:41pm
Cool thanks.