Buying a new oven.

soma2, May 18, 7:09am
any reccomendations or ones to steer clear of.thanks

gardie, May 18, 7:16am
I think I would be deciding what was important to me and go looking for that particular one.Ours is 20 years old (at least) and I am quite worried about replacing it as I haven't seen any similar.My wants in an oven are:
heats quickly (10 mins)
flat cook top
2 ovens (instead of 1 oven and warming drawer)
Grill
Oven fan on/off function (many are on all the time grrr)
And no touch controls - have used them at my parents and they are shocking - a flick of a teatowel on them turns plates on without realising.
If I was you,I'd start making a list.

ruby19, May 18, 7:32am
Ok have not had good results with smeg or ariston, managed to get top of line f &p, and am very happy. :-)
Mine are 60cm ovens, the ariston & f/p were/are self cleanning (Love this:-))

soma2, May 18, 8:11am
thanks ruby19.ariston is one of the brands i was looking at.but its not a brand im familiar with.also euromaid , delonghi.trying to find one thats doesnt feel flimsy.dont need many functions just simple and robust

ruby19, May 18, 8:38pm
My f&p is the one they use on master chef, it cooks wonderful roasts on it roasting function, i can make beautiful crispy roasted spuds. The self cleanining is a dream :-) . I struggled with th ariston, nothing would brown or crisp up, did not even attempt to use its roasting function.The smeg to many break down issues, and really hard to find a repair person.

kaddiew, May 18, 10:36pm
Classique ovens are rubbish. Had two (not by choice) and both had problems, plus the under-floor bottom element was so weak that nothing browned on the bottom. Never again.

cgvl, May 18, 10:39pm
my must have in an oven is a seperate grill. Not just part of the main oven.
So if I had to replace mine again it would be with a double oven type, ie large main oven, smaller oven with grill feature think they used to call them pastry ovens.

shop-a-holic, May 18, 10:41pm
I have to agree with you, Ruby. That model of oven has several advantages. My double oven is the model before your one, which came with a blue diamond interior and iridium finish. It was called the Titan. Originally, it was designed by F&P to compete favourably in the North American market, but they became extremely popular in the UK for its size. Each oven has a 101 litre usable capacity; as opposed to the standard 54-60 litre average size oven.
Additional stand out features, along with self-cleaning and the HEAVENLY Roast Mode, are meat probes and True Aero, and two pastry modes. A 12kg Turkey on True Aero is cooked in less than 2 hours. The oven has an onboard computer and allows the user to operate the oven in either degrees C or F.I use the F scale as it gives me more flexibility for precise temperatures. It also has a Sabbeth mode. On the Food Channel, it's easy to find out who is using these F&P ovens off-shore and they never tell you which mode they're using the oven at, but its easy to tell by where the dials are!
The only hick-up I found, was trying to find porcelain-enamel roasters big enough here in NZ.But prevail as I did, I bought them in the States. No problem there, as on average their ovens are designed to cook big.

soma2, May 18, 11:00pm
sounds great is it freestand or under bench! ceramic hobb!