St Paddy's food ideas?

donahb, Mar 10, 4:10am
Either green or Irish themed any ideas ! Thanks

staceytee109, Mar 10, 4:12am

staceytee109, Mar 10, 4:15am
maybe some green cupcakes with clovers or something

maximus44, Mar 10, 4:21am
I made Coconut Macaroons today and I thought you could easily colour those green for St Patrick's Day.

elliehen, Mar 10, 4:30am

lcltd, Mar 10, 4:34am
I recently made a Guinness Cakewhich was beautiful - chocolate with a cup of Guinness in the recipe and frosted with cream cheese icing so it actually looks like a glass of the beer.It is a recipe by Nigella Lawson - easily Googled!

sarahb5, Mar 10, 5:21am
Irish Stew
Colcannon (aka bubble and squeak)
Cupcakes with green icing
Lettuce soup (very green)

ETA - don't add green food colouring to your cupcake mix though - it is very hard to make green cake look appetising!

sarahb5, Mar 10, 5:35am

dbab, Mar 10, 5:40am
De Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham.

alegnak, Mar 10, 5:44am
I'm doing the sweets part for a get-together, will make choc mint brownies, a rainbow cake in the shape of a big leprechaun hat, and green vodka jellies. Yay it's only a week away!

lurtz, Mar 10, 6:59am
Very cool!

We usually do brunchto celebrate my maternal Irish heritage. We don't colour food green or anything like that, but we do include some traditional Irish recipes and add whatever else makes a livelyand informal celebration. My dear Irish mumfrequently made Irish potato bread, so that's top of the menu, and of course, Guinness to imbibe. This year beef and black pudding pie with Guinness is on the menu.

Have a lovely celebration everyone:-)

olwen, Mar 10, 7:30am
http://kirbiecravings.com/2010/02/pandan-cupcakes.html

Pandan essence is found in Asian foodstores.

elliehen, Mar 11, 9:38pm
Coming up this morning on RadioNZ National, ninetonoon with Kathryn Ryan at 11.30:

11:30 Guest chef Lyndey Milan

Lyndey Milan is one of Australia's most recognised food, wine and lifestyle personalities with a career spanning over 25 years across most TV and radio networks and publishing houses. John Hawkesby provides drinks to match.

Recipes for St Patrick's Day:
Tea-smoked Oysters and Salmon with Watercress Salad
Donal Skehan’s Steak and Guinness Pie
Guinness Crème Brûlée with Irish Whiskey Snaps

terachaos, Mar 11, 11:32pm
Boxty Pancakes!

vintagekitty, Mar 11, 11:37pm
Guinness

mwood, Mar 12, 4:10am
Poitin

carriebradshaw, Mar 12, 7:05am
Brown soda bread with smoked salmon.Something we grew up on in Ireland.Also bacon and cabbage.
Was actually just talking to my DH about Paddy's day.Amazed its so popular here.Everyone's been asking what I'm doing on saturday.To be honest it's never been a big deal for me or most Irish people I know.