We Don't Have to Buy It Cos We Can Make It Thread!

Page 48 / 48
rakki1, Sep 27, 8:12am
Cut a toilet roll in half and fold the bottom over itself as shown in the picture. The beauty of these, is that once the seedlings have taken hold you can plant them straight into the garden without having to take them out of the pot.

http://groovygreenlivin.com/2012/01/3-creative-ideas-for-reusing-and-repurposing/

rakki1, Sep 27, 8:12am
Cut a toilet roll in half and fold the bottom over itself as shown in the picture. The beauty of these, is that once the seedlings have taken hold you can plant them straight into the garden without having to take them out of the pot.

http://groovygreenlivin.com/2012/01/3-creative-ideas-for-reusing-and-repurposing/

daisyhill, Sep 27, 11:22pm
BREADMAKER NAAN BREAD (requires a breadmaker with a Dough setting)

300g strong white flour
1 teaspoon Edmonds Breadmaker Yeast
5 tablespoons natural yoghurt
125ml milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt

Put all the wet ingredients into a breadmaker. Add the dry ingredients (keeping the yeast away from the salt) and start the breadmaker on the Dough setting.

When the dough has been made, separate it into four balls and roll them out as thinly as possible (which is not very thin with this springy dough) and sprinkle with nigella or poppy seeds if desired. Put a dry (unoiled) heavy cast iron frying pan over a high heat until smoking. Put the rolled out naan dough into the frying pan and cook for 30 seconds. Move it a little to ensure it does not stick, and cook for a further 1 minute.
Flip the bread over and cook for a further 1 minute or until cooked through.
If serving immediately, brush with melted butter.
If serving later, leave them dry and butter them after re-heating when ready to serve.

rakki1, Sep 29, 10:08am
Might bite the bullet and try this, I have coloured my hair weeks ago and is due soonish so, it's not so new.*wish me luck*

lythande1, Sep 29, 7:53pm
Google brings up loads of them, often with step by step guides.

Most use lemon juice instead of vinegar though, I find vinegar gives a nice tang to itthough.

gibbous1, Oct 2, 3:03am
Caramel Corn I make it all the time!

I've entered it into a competition here's a link to it
http://nzfavouriterecipe.co.nz/recipes/light-snacks/424-exceptionally-moreish-caramel-popcorn

Please vote for it!

jaygee1962, Oct 7, 4:35am
bumping so this doesn't get lost :)

gran333, Oct 17, 8:47pm
Bump again :-)

flemingo, Oct 17, 10:28pm
Love this!
My own fav for when im sick is.
Hot water + one squeezed lemon + tea spoon chillipowder + teaspoon of garlic + teaspoon of ginger. mix well add honey.
its really great and clears you out almost immediately.

reccomend this over any lemsip, making sure your regularly taking panadol

Cheers.
Love the Thread.

mrsyuri, Oct 18, 6:03am
This is a great thread! Thanks Julie for starting this thread. My daughter found it during the week and I've just spent a couple of hours reading all the posts and copying the ones I want to try.
It is even a cure for a headache. I had a nasty niggly one, made a cup of tea and sat down at my computor. Now a few hours later I don't have the headache. Thankyou everyone. I hope I am allowed to post the address of a site that I have found most helpful !

www.simplesavings.co.nz ! It has a wealth of ideas on keeping the costs down.

village.green, Oct 19, 2:06am
Honey Facial Cleanser
60ml runny honey (or gently melt set honey)
125ml vegetable glycerine (buy from chemist, normally comes in 100ml)
40ml liquid Castile Soap (Dr Bronner's is good)
Mix all together and put in jar or pump bottle.
Doesn't go off as honey is antimicrobial and antiseptic.
To apply, dampen skin, apply cleanser, massage in and wash off avoiding eye area. This is very gentle and very effective and I've been using it for a few months now. Takes off foundation and powder very well. I use cellulose sponge or facecloth to wash off.
You can halve the recipe if you don't want that much.

rovertniloc, Oct 19, 2:13am
Homeopathic Air Freshner-does anyone have this recipe! we had some given to us from a friend of a friend, who did a short homeopathic course.

village.green, Oct 19, 2:14am
Is that one for clearing the air!

juliewn, Oct 30, 9:56am
Hi everyone. delicious recipes added. thanks for sharing everyone.

For the fanta in carpet, try this. recommended by a carpet layer some years ago. mix in a 1.5l lemonade or similar bottle, fill it with water, add a tablespoon of malt or white vinegar (I use malt- it won't stain a carpet) and 2 teaspoons of liquid wool wash - don't shake it or the wool wash will make lots of bubbles. just turn ir from end to end a few times to mix the ingredients.

Have some folded old towels handy. pour a good amount of the liquid over the stain, rub it a little with the towel, then place the folded towel over the stain, stand on the towel, and the liquid - and some of the Fanta stain -will be absorbed. repeat till it's clear.

I've used this on an old beetroot stain and it completely cleared the stain. hope it helps for you.

juliewn, Oct 30, 9:56am
Hi everyone. great recipes added. thanks for sharing everyone.

For the fanta in carpet, try this. recommended by a carpet layer some years ago. mix in a 1.5l lemonade or similar bottle, fill it with water, add a tablespoon of malt or white vinegar (I use malt- it won't stain a carpet) and 2 teaspoons of liquid wool wash - don't shake it or the wool wash will make lots of bubbles. just turn it from end to end a few times to mix the ingredients.

Have some folded old towels handy. pour a good amount of the liquid over the stain, rub it a little with the towel, then place the folded towel over the stain, stand on the towel, and the liquid - and some of the Fanta stain -will be absorbed. repeat with clean sides of the towel facing the carpet, till the stain isclear.

I've used this on an old beetroot stain and it completely cleared the stain. hope it helps for you.

juliewn, Oct 30, 10:13am
To save the thread to find it easily again.

At the top of your screen on any internet page, is 'Favourites' - or 'Bookmarks' - there are a few different internet programmes - Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) so the words may differ slightly)

Click on that, a box will pop down.

Click on 'Bookmark this page' - or similar - a box will pop up.

The word 'Folder' (or similar)will be there on the left of the box. click on the little down-arrow, then click to choose where you want to save the thread or other internet page.

You can type a name you choose for the thread/internet page.

Click on save or done (or similar word) and you're done.

To find the thread again, click on 'Bookmarks' or Favourites' at the top of your screen.

From the pop-down box, select the folder that you saved the thread to.

Click on the thread name. and it will open.

You can save many internet pages in this way. hope this helps.

pickles7, Nov 21, 7:52pm
Anyone wanting to make malt vinegar can follow my next brew here.
http://makingvinegar.blogspot.com/
Works out to cost approx. 50 cents a litre. I bought the malt from Bin Inn. The malt vinegar at Bin Inn is, $2.80 a litre, I was shocked as I have made all my own vinegars for a few years now.
I do not use it to bottle foods.[acidity is unknown, as yet.] I use it to make pickles and sauces, salad dressings and anything else that is made and eaten fresh.

lindylambchops1, Dec 8, 8:41am
Love this thread!

nzl99, Dec 29, 9:42pm