Kenwood km270r mixer - comments/feedback?

unicstudent, Mar 13, 1:31am
Hi I am interested in giving a cake mixer as a wedding gift and am interested in the Kenwood km270, patissier mixer but don't know anything about them. I am attracted to the reliability of the Kenwood brand, the fun colours, and the price bracket. Can anyone provide any comment on their features/use etc! Thanks in advance :)

sunnyflower, Mar 13, 3:50am
I have one so easy to use, great for cake mixes and icings makes everything very light I love mine, great for making a pavlova no standing with a mixer in your hand

cookessentials, Mar 13, 8:08am
To be honest, I wouldn't have either. I have a gear driven, direct drive KitchnAid. I have heard a few comments in regards to the Patisserie and they were not favourable. I guess it depends on your budget,

gardie, Mar 13, 9:00am
Love my Kenwood.The more recent ones though are not the same quality as they once were.If possible, have a look at consumer and check out the best for the price you want to spend.

clemo, Mar 13, 9:05pm
I have one (a patissier) and I LOVE it!

unicstudent, Mar 14, 2:08am
I know the intended recipient does very little baking but I thought that it would be something that she would never buy herself but would appreciate on the occasions that she might use it in the future, and thought that although not top of the range, the Kenwood brand would at least offer reliability. With a price tag around the $500 mark it is just so much cheaper than the Kitchen Aid or the bigger Kenwoods. Any specific feedback is appreciated. Cookessentials, what is the difference in the gear driven, direct drive! Thanks so much for comments so far. I looked at Consumer and can pay $10 for a report on this model, does anyone know if these reports offer comparisons with a variety of models etc or just on the particular model you ask about!

cookessentials, Mar 14, 3:04am
The gear driven direct drive machine works on a lower wattage which is not onlypower saving, it makes for a more thorough mix. The KitchenAids mix to 67 points in the bowl as opposed to around 11 with it's competitors.

unicstudent, Mar 14, 8:17am
Thankyou - any other comments! :)

m41, Mar 15, 8:40am
go to you localappliance shed they have a fantastic range the bowl scapper one for $500along with a huge range of other kenwoods too.