Corn + Chicken Chowder help please

eternity04, Mar 19, 11:02pm
A few years ago WINZ had a recipe book put together for cooking on a Budget. Well I didnt agree with some of the recipes, I did like the chowder recipe, I just changed it abit to suit what I wanted. I have since moved towns and I can't find the recipe book anywhere. So has anyone got a really nice, easy and cheap recipe I could have!. I also like the idea that you can add any vegies to it and it tastes just as good (great way for getting my miss 8 to eat more lol).

TIA
Jan.

melp6, Mar 19, 11:06pm
I just fry off an onion or two, add precooked cubed potatoes, can of corn kernels(creamed doesn't really work), same amount of water(maybe more), a bit of shredded chicken, a splash of cream, and voila

Sorry, not very scientific!

eternity04, Mar 19, 11:10pm
thats great melp6 thanks. its getting colder down here in the south, so i had better start getting my winter warmers sorted lol

nannahall1, Mar 20, 2:16am
a good chicken corn soup is chicken stock either make or buy in carton cook a chicken breast in it shred chicken when cooked add tin corn not creamed dash of peanut oil thicken with cornflour beat in one egg and top with spring onions yummy