Crockpot recipes using veges

zuggle, Mar 18, 8:44am
At my persuasion a friend who lives out in the country has bought herself a crockpot. Now we are hunting for recipes that suit her lifestyle without going into town shopping. She is not vegetarian and eats all sorts of meat, but will favour those that make use of the veges she has growing around her. Any helpful recipes please that are not too much prep work at this stage! Thank you so much all the kind people on here, it's a lovely thread.

zuggle, Mar 20, 4:49am
Thank you, this is a brilliant idea and I have copied it out for her.

zuggle, Mar 21, 4:19am
Any more ones that you've tried lately! Have found a great one with a whole butternut pumpkin carved out and filled. Am going to try that myself this week and report back to you all.

korbo, Mar 21, 9:22am
Poster #4, I have a recipe for something similar, always cooked it in the oven, but now will try in crockpot. Does it have toast, cheese and cream and lots of garlic.!
I have done the hangi and vegys lots of times. Havent tried it with beef or venison tho.

gasman64, Mar 21, 12:52pm
Any root or soupable veg cooked with chicken stock can be cooked then blended with a stick blender and turned into a soup. It would keep well in a crock-pot. good for winter coming up. Green leafy veg, pumpkins, turnips, parsnip, carrots. You name it. Some even just use water but I prefer the stock for flavour.

gail1231, Mar 22, 12:35am
Does your friend have any mince! This is a good recipe for anyone that has a crock pot. This is our own family mince stew or Casserole as it is sometimes called. You can either add the mince first with the vegetables after or you can add the vegetables first and add the mince after but either way the best way is to let the mince defrost first and what I like about this recipe is you can put it on first thing in the morning and leave it on high all day or throw it on low and leave it overnight to cook. then you add your gravy and that consists off 2 tablespoons of bisto or gravy browning the tip end of just over the tip end of both curry powder and mustard and 1 oxo cube and if you want to you can add tomato sauce or tomatoes into the stew with all your vegetables and cover with two tea towels until boiling then remove one and leave the other one still there as this keeps it hot.