Lemons please in Te Puke or sourrounding area's

missyt1, Mar 21, 2:09am
I have learnt that lemons are very good for helping increase the alkaline in the body and wondered if anyone in Te Puke, Paeangaroa (not far from Te Puke), Tauranga, Mt, Papamoa area has any on their trees they're not going to use.My partner has bad gout (its not from alcohol and we can't figure it out) so we're going to try lemons.
Also I thought I'd try Alison Holsts muffin recipe from this website.I've had them from our neighbor and they are just wonderful.Enjoy!
http://timeforalittlesomething.com/category/baking/muffins/

toadfish, Mar 21, 4:48am
mmm I think she was just asking for spare Lemons.

beaker59, Mar 21, 10:59pm
Our lemons aren't ready yet guess its the same down there!

I had heard that cherries were great too for men though I thought that was more around cancer and the prostate though they are packed with antioxidants so probably good on all things like heart and autoimmune etc etc.

I for some reason thought though that gout was protien related, hence the seafood connection.

cookiebarrel, Mar 22, 3:59am
missyt1, will do some asking around for you from my usual sources.I am going to plant a couple of lemon trees as I am always wanting them for baking and now use them to keep the mosquitos out of the animals drinking water.

missyt1, Mar 23, 9:26am
Gosh Lisbon lemon trees.I think I'd better plant that variety.Year round lemons and the smell and taste good.Those are the ones for sure.Why would anyone have any other variety!Thanks for the heads up:)