Looking for slow cooker recipes

char522, Apr 1, 4:55am
for whole chicken

alibeli, Apr 1, 5:36am
Hi, I don't stuff the chicken, as I think I read somewhere it wasn't a good idea.
I place the whole chicken into the crockpot, and pour / baste over either Masterfoods (or pams etc) Teryaki, or Honey soy.
Place onto high at lunchtime - and you will have a very moist very yummy chicken all ready for tea time about 6pm.
It's the best chicken you will ever have!

fifie, Apr 1, 6:50am
Heres a couple of alison and Simon Holsts chicken recipes for you ,both are good.
Paprika Chicken.
Turn slow cooker on high to heat up,spray s/cooker bowl with non stick spray. put a upturned saucer or a small bread and butter plate in the bottom of cooker to sit the chicken on (this keeps it up out of the fat that comes out of it) Wash chook inside and out pat dry trim off any excess fat.
Rub a whole thawed not frozen chicken all over with a little oil. Mix 1Tablespoon curry powder, 1Tablespoon paprika, 1Tablespoon flour, 1teaspoon oregano, 1teaspoon thyme, 1teaspoon celery salt all together and rub this all over the chicken.
Put any fresh herbs you have in the cavity.Sit the chicken on the upturned saucer or plate breast side up,Lid on and cook.
Alisons Honey- Soy -Chicken.
1 whole chicken,2 lemons, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup dark soy sauce, 1/4 cup honey.
Cut 4-6 deep slashes in one of the lemons, then stuff the lemon and garlic (they don't have to be peeled) inside the bird.Thoroughly coat the cooker bowl with a non stick spray add the chicken and turn the cooker on to low. Combine the soy sauce and honey juice of the remaining lemon in a small bowl stir to mix and pour the sauce over the chicken.Lid on and cook low 8-9 hours, for a dark even glaze spoon some of the cooking liquid over bird in the last hour of cooking. Serve with egg noodles, or plain rice and stir fry or steamed vegtables.

char522, Apr 1, 6:56am
Thanks I will be sure to try each idea