Fan bake ovens

redfeather, Apr 2, 7:13am
I have just bought a new stove withthe fan bake. Do they work well for cakes, roasts, veges etc. The book does'nt really say much, Thanks all,

falcon-hell, Apr 2, 7:32am
i don't ever use fan bake for my baking-but thats just me,i use it for roasts etc and i find it really good.

iman007, Apr 2, 7:36am
add about 20 deg, if using, say if doing a roast on normal 150, put onto fan and you will get about 20 deg heat rise due to circulation, well thats my experience anyway.

kay141, Apr 2, 7:46am
I use fanbake for all but fruit cakes. They seem better with just bake.

angel404, Apr 2, 8:05am
I use fanbake for everything including baking. My stove is new as well. Sooo nice having a nice clean oven!

foth, Apr 2, 8:09am
i agree.I use fanbake for everything but I do reduce the heat in recipes tho eg 180C i use 150 - 160C

cookessentials, Apr 2, 8:19am
I use fan bake for everything with no problems. Have done so for years. It cuts the cooking time.

jaymcee, Apr 2, 8:34am
I use fan bake for everything as well. Some cakes and other baking I do less time on but always use the temperature as per the recipe.

phoenix2004, Apr 2, 8:36am
I love the fan ovens I use it for both baking and cooking dinners. I haven't had a problem with them

redfeather, Apr 2, 8:54am
Thank you all for the great coments. I will try a roast tomorrow!

nik12, Apr 2, 9:37am
Great for making the roast potatoes crispy :-).I use fanbake for everything apart from pav and muffins.I love with fanbake I can do three trays of buscuits at the same time.

redfeather, Apr 3, 7:40am
Cooked my veges in the oven tonight and they turned out lovely! Next venture is baking. That will come after i have finished painting the walls. Thank you all again for your input.

lilyfield, Apr 3, 8:13am
cooking a roast onfan tends to splash more fat around, best to put it in a roasting bag

connor2003, Apr 3, 9:46am
I use fan bake for everything i use 150-160C and my oven is a little bench top which I can change from fan bake to normal bake to grill