Advice please

jimmy2102, Apr 3, 9:17pm
i have been looking at mixers, kitchenaid have been getting a bad rap lately something about cheap parts in the motor. Although they are very good at replacing. If i am going to spend the money i want a good one.
Please help.
Thank you in anticapation.

cookessentials, Apr 3, 9:56pm
First I have heard of it! They are American made and they cnnot be faulted. Would like to know where you heard the "bad rap" lol There are no cheap parts in the motors and whoever told you that is uninformed.

jimmy2102, Apr 4, 12:22am
There are lots of reviews re faulty motors on amazon.com, thats probably the cheapest place to buy the mixers. They vary in price from approx $270-$350.

jimmy2102, Apr 4, 12:33am
googlekitchen aid mixer leaking oil, and i also read that for some time they were using plastic parts in their motors, and cheaper motor components

davidt4, Apr 4, 12:43am
NZ Consumer Institute rated food mixers about a year ago.They recommended both the big Kenwood and the KitchenAid, but noted that the Kenwood was cheaper and quieter.

welderman, Apr 4, 1:08am
I love my kenwood chef

cookessentials, Apr 4, 1:51am
The Kenwood, at the revs would certainly not be quieter.know plenty of people who reckon theirs sounds like it's going to jump off the bench. I also find it interesting in regards to the leaking oil! Never seen or heard of that here and there are no plastic parts. Why dont you contact the NZ distributors of the machine here in NZ to get the correct facts and then that way, you can make up your own mind. I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer myself and wouldnt be without it.

mwood, Apr 4, 2:00am
slighty off Topic, cookessentials, but do you have any experience or advice on Electric Pasta Extruders like the Ronco !

https://www.ronco.com/products/pasta-maker.html

jimmy2102, Apr 4, 6:26am
Thanks, has anyone any more tips on which mixer, good or bad experience.

pollypoo, Apr 4, 6:35am
another vote for the Kenwood Chef here.

davidt4, Apr 4, 6:37am
Kenwood Chef for me too.

cookessentials, Apr 4, 8:46am
Only a commercial one and the pasta extruder that fits the KitchenAid.although at that price.

cookessentials, Apr 4, 6:26pm
All depends on whether you want a gear driven machine or a belt driven. Personally, I prefer the gear driven. Iprefer a more thorough mix (( 67 points of the bowl as opposed to about 11 for the belt driven Kenwood)