Making Bread - Help please

stephanos, Apr 2, 11:09pm
We got given a bread maker so I thought I should use it, we have pesto and garlic so thought could make something using that, thing is I have never made bread before. any recipes & tips! Thanks :)

veejay13, Apr 2, 11:43pm
Did you not get a "manual" with the breadmaker!, one which includes recipes."The Bread Book" by Simon and Alison Holst is very good - if it's not actually in stock in your bookshop, Paper Plus will send away for it.

As I understand it, each make of breadmaker is different from the others, and the ingredients need to be put into the pan in a certain order, so it would be really helpful to you if you could get the handbook belonging to your one.

245sam, Apr 3, 12:05am
stephanos, what brand of breadmaker do you have!It may be possible for you to get an on-line version of the manual/recipe book for the machine that you have - try doing a google search.

Our bread maker is a Panasonic and I have the Operating Instructions and Recipe that came with it so if you have a Panasonic I have the recipes that are particularly suitable for that brand of machine.

IMO most recipes though can be used in any machine but the size of loaf produced by the machine in use must be taken into account.In some cases the ingredient quantities may need to be adjusted if the machine is capable of making a smaller or larger loaf than that specified in a recipe.

Hope that helps.:-))

dibble35, Apr 3, 2:19am
On the homemade bread thread which is on here somewhere someone posted a generic white loaf recipe that will work in any machine, i've used it in mine(same situation as you didnt have the manual) and it turned out really well. i'll go and get my recipe book and find it for you.

dibble35, Apr 3, 2:26am
basic white loaf, have made this as1kg and 750gm loaf and it worked out well both times.
Place in bread maker in this order.
300ml warm water
2Tblsp oil/butter
2tspn sugar
1 1/2 tspn salt
3C highgrade flour
2Tblspn milk powder
3tspn yeast
Can make it wholemeal by swapping one of cups flour for wholemeal flour

stephanos, Apr 4, 9:16pm
Thanks for all this, will check out that thread! And no manual, it used to be a friend of a family member of my partner haha it says 'Morphy Richards' on it

olwen, Apr 4, 9:30pm
Google is your friend

http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/instruction-booklets/IB-cooking-and-baking/IB-breadmakers

There aredownloadable instruction books