Gluten Free Pancake Mix

whiskey13, May 11, 1:52am
I've got some of the above mix (inherited from mum), and i would like to make pancakes for lunch tomorrow as it would have been mum's 63th birthday (she passed away on Boxing Day last year). I don't know what i have to add to it before cooking. Do you add milk, water, egg(s)! and in what amounts.
Thanks to anyone who can help me

indy95, May 11, 2:02am
Whiskey13, I have absolutely no experience of gluten-free cooking but my " ordinary " pancake mix recipe says to add 1 cup of milk or milk/water, 1 egg and 2 tbsps of melted butter or oil to each cup of pancake mix. I hope this is of some help to you.

whiskey13, May 11, 2:13am
Thanks indy, i have about 3 cups so i could do a trial and error batch to see how i go.

cookessentials, May 11, 2:25am
Hi Whiskey I have a recipe here which makes 6-8 pancakes and for 120g rice flour, 20g de-bittered soy flour, 50g gluten free cornflour 3/4 tsp baking soda, you add 2 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1 egg lightly beaten, 150ml low fat milk and 40g melted butter.so the dry ingredients above weigh at about 190grams plus the soda. This recipe is from the gluten free kitchen book.

whiskey13, May 11, 3:17am
Thanks for that cookessentials, have copied that down.
I'm not gluten tolerant, neither was mum, she was just trying to eat healthier. I don't want to throw the mix out if i don't need to.

cookessentials, May 11, 3:50am
You are welcome.and sending kind wishes to you for tomorrow.

whiskey13, May 11, 4:31am
Thank-you :)