Do you just swap plain flour to gluten free flour

sunny119, May 9, 8:20am
when baking! Or is do you have to use a special GF baking mix!

geldof, May 9, 9:38am
It needs to be a mix of gluten free flours to get a good result.No one GF flour will give a satisfactory outcome.
Lots of different flour mixes on google.
Lots of recipes will give you the different combinations.

shellie72, May 9, 10:44pm
Healthries have a GF Baking Mix which I have had pretty good results just doing a straight swap with.

gaspodetwd, May 9, 10:47pm
It depends what you are making. Pancakes and scones are fine with just a straight swap to Cornflour - you'll need more egg. Robust flavors work really well.
Cakes are better with a mix. Sponge is better with plain Cornflour.
Biscuits - I prefer to use nut meal.

glenn-ellyn, May 10, 8:59am
I make a beautiful Tamarillo upside down cake where I swap the measure of self raising flour for a GF one and it is so nice.We have it as a desert with cream.

ace441, May 10, 11:13am
I just swap using the Orgran All-Purpose of Self-Raising Flour - have made muffins, cakes, gravy, yorkshire puddings, choux pastry - heaps of stuff and while it doesn't come out quite as light and fluffy as gluten flour, have had no disasters and all were all still very, very tasty.

glenn-ellyn, May 10, 11:44am
Can anyone tell me where I can buy Bakel's pastry mix.I'm keen to have a chicken pie.Failing that need a recipe for GF pastry.TIA

earthangel4, May 10, 10:46pm
Hi There I bought mine from fresh choice,we don,t have fresh choice here anymore,so have not been able to get it.
Bumping up for others,will also ask in the gluten free thread for you.

glenn-ellyn, May 11, 7:18am
Thank you EA.:))