Tenderised Steak

kane199, May 13, 3:30am
Hey Fellow Cooks, I was just wondering what else I could use with my steak I have mushrooms and onions was thinking of baking it in foil, was just wondering if there was anything else that I could add to give it the extra YUM factor!

dezzie, May 13, 3:45am
I'd put the onions and sliced mushies in a small casserole dish with a tight fitting lid, some beef stock and black pepper and cook it on about 150 starting now, steak baked in foil would be kinda yuk I think, best in a pan thats hot as you can get it, and quick fried, thicken your onion and mushie mix with cornflour slurry about ten minutes before you start cooking the steak and you could throw a few potatoes in jackets in the oven while its going as well.
The onion and mushroom casserole thing is actually very yummy.

kane199, May 13, 3:52am
Thanks for the Tips :) I usually bake it in foil with onions and mushrooms and it comes out really tender, steak on the pan does not work out for me its always a failure :(

dezzie, May 13, 4:01am
aww really :O, I had a vision of the steak being kinda "stewed" cooked in foil, but yes it'd be tender, what happens to your steak in a pan how does it fail!

biggles45, May 13, 4:15am
Part cook the onion and mix with a little cream, add the chopped mushrooms. Put steaks onto individual foil squares, spoon some of the mixture onto each one, fold foil over top. Cook as usual. Yummy. Is awesome with pork chops/steaks too.

kane199, May 13, 4:47am
Dry Cardboard pieces happens to them, cooking steak is an art I know I just don't have the nack for it, i know that there are Steak lovers out there that would shun me for my actions, I just stick with what I am comfortable with doing so I don't waste food :)