Pear and chocolate pudding.

tats63, May 12, 11:21pm
I have made this before but cannot find the recipe.From memory it's a Food in a Minute recipe but doesn't appear to be on the website.Uses canned pears and cocoa.Can anyone help please.Very easy and very yum!

tats63, May 12, 11:30pm
A more thorough look through my pile of recipes and VOILA I have found it!

elliehen, May 12, 11:34pm
Can you post it please!I used to make a pear dish that required filling the halves with cocoapowder.can't remember much else ;)

cookessentials, May 12, 11:35pm
Oooh, yes please, it would make a nice dessert for a change.

tats63, May 13, 4:35am
CHOCOLATE PEAR PUDDING
1 x 820g tin pear quarters in syrup
150 gram butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
3 eggs
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup cocoa
METHOD
Preheat the oven to 150c.Lightly grease a 4-cup capacity ovenproof dish.

Drain the pears and arrange in the greased dish.
To make the sponge:in a large bowl beat tog the butter and the caster sugar until light and fluffy.Beat in the eggs one at a time.
Stift tog the plain flour, baking powder and cocoa .Using a metal spoon, gently fold into the creamed mixture.
Spoon the sponge mixture over the pears, making sure the pears are completely covered.Smooth out the mixture using the back of a spoon.
Bake in preheated oven for 30-35mins.The centre should still be a little fudgy when tested with a skewer.Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.

I made this today in the crockpot on high for 2 hrs.Very nice.Next time will just do it on low though so it's a bit more fudgy in the middle.

elliehen, May 13, 5:19am
Thanks tats63 - not the one I vaguely remember, but a good one for the pear harvest.