Help.Pork chow mein

becka261, May 14, 2:36am
Im going to temp at doing this for tea tonight ive never made it before,as i normaly eat it when someone else makes it.and its so yummy as.Ive got to get it done by 5pm as i have work and defrosting the pork now a kg.

becka261, May 14, 2:36am
Please.

fisher, May 14, 5:35am
Basic Chow Mien
Basic Chow Mien can have any meats or combinations and any types of vegetables that you like, .Its a matter of choice.
BeefChicken Pork Seafood whatever takes your fancy.
The method is predominately the same to make many various dishes but the herbs spices sauces make the difference.
I have experimented with many ways and found a great way for the outcome to be successful EVERY time.
These are the vegetables I use every time.
OnionsCarrotsBroccoliCaulis CeleryMushroomsCapsicumGarlic and Crispy Noodles
These are the vegetables I use some of the time as well as the above.
GingerSpring OnionsRed OnionsPeasWhole BeansCabbageBaby CornBok Choy (stalks and leaves)

fisher, May 14, 5:38am
My tips for successful wok cooking:
I cook my meat2/3rd's through with a little garlic and ginger in the wok first and then remove to a bowl
Next I cook (in a little oil with cumin seeds) my onions first, and then the carrot pieces. I near on burn my onions but that is how I like them Place all with the meat. Now its time to cook your chopped up veges in a little oil for a few minutes and then add the water.
To this I add my herbs spices salt pepper and sauces and mix all together well. Now add your meat onions and carrots to the wok and stir in.
You can break up some noodles at this point and stir in or simple place in the bottom of the serving bowl
In a cup add one tablespoon of cornflour to a little water and stir well. Pour into your wok stirring all the while.
This will thicken your stir fry and the meat will be perfect as it hasn't been in the mix overcooking and stewing.
My Favourites:Try experimenting with these
Fish SauceSoy SauceOyster SauceSambal OelekBlack Bean SauceWorcestershire SauceHoisin SauceSesame Oil (use only a drop or two) Fresh GingerFresh GarlicMixed HerbsGaram MasalaLemongrass & ChilliTuscan Seasoning Brown sugarCelery SaltOnion SaltGarlic SaltGarlic and Herb SaltCumin seedsChilli powderCurry PowderFive Spice

fisher, May 14, 5:42am
PREPARE EVERYTHING FIRST. have it all laid out.
for pork I would use sage as a herb. garlic, ginger. drizzle of soy .
That will get you your basic pork chow mein.
Remember dont over cook your meat at first. it will cook again when you add it back into the mix.

becka261, May 21, 9:39pm
Thanks for your help i did the best pork chow mein that night that i only had 1 serving my partner had 2 plus wanted to take some to work lol :)

fisher, May 22, 2:36pm
Becka. glad it worked out for you. :}just use a similar method for doing chicken.beef strips. king prawns.etc.but change the mix of herbs etc you use to suit the meat. like I would use tarragon with chicken for example. with ginger and garlic.etc. for cooked king prawns, a little fish sauce but then dont add salt. got to be garlic with them as well and only add them at the end of cooking to heat through.
The key is "Mise en place”. get everything prepared and handy before you start. and dont overcook the meat.