Wellington Food Show

korbo, May 13, 9:27am
who went, and what did you think !
I did and loved it, tho, would have liked to go around a second time.

duckmoon, May 13, 9:33am
Would like to know too

nanasee1, May 13, 9:53am
Enjoyed it more this year than last year. A lot of new presenters and a much better range on offer. I was particularly looking for dairy free options and found a good range. Still found it expensive at $25 entry, some free samples but often food was being sold rather than samples being offered. Will I go next year - not sure! If the entry ticket price rises again definitely not.

krazy_kat, May 14, 9:47am
I went - we go every year.I do think though that I may rethink that next year.There were no chefs that I wanted to see and we noticed how many exhibitors were missing this year.I don't thinkit's worth the $25 entry fee.

Having spoken with some exhibitors, the price of them being there is astronomical.You would think they would want the place packed out and considering there was a sizeable portion of the stadium that had nothing in it (blue entrance, there was the show merchandise and Food magazine and then nothing until you got around to the red entrance) you would think they would put the prices down to encourage more businesses to be there.We were all disapointed.

seniorbones, May 14, 10:10am
I wanted to go but the cost put me off! gosh it used to be full of free samples food and wine!

radark, May 14, 10:21am
yes there was definitely a noticeable lack of free stuff and one of the exhibitors was less than pleasant and definitely did not seem gracious about tastings unless you were buying.there were some good deals to be had but as a chef i found very little to inspire me in terms of new and exciting product