Is there a particular meal you eat every week?

Page 1 / 2
gaspodetwd, May 13, 6:51am
I've drawn up my meal plan and we seem to eat similar things every week. I was looking for something new that might become a regular meal.

winnie231, May 13, 6:54am
What's on your list!
That'll help us add new things to it .

darlingmole, May 13, 7:11am
spag bol is a staple but I do love rissoles with wedges and salad

duckmoon, May 13, 7:16am
Chicken pie.

One night we eat a cooked chicken from the supermarket. Next night chicken pie.

duckmoon, May 13, 7:16am
Most households have only eleven dishes which they regularly cook for dinner

iriegirl, May 13, 7:22am
I've been trying to add new dishes, however the pattern usually follows a chicken dish, pasta dish, rice dish, something in the slow cooker, beef dish, fish(usually twice) and then one of those "empty out the fridge" meals! Though am constantly looking for inspiration which is why I lurk around in here!

elliehen, May 13, 7:36am
Got to have a curry once a week!

mothergoose_nz, May 13, 7:43am
does that include takeway fish and chips!

sossie1, May 13, 7:46am
we have a regular "something" in ready rolled puff pastry, tonight it was a potato samosa filling with Tzatziki

gaspodetwd, May 13, 8:53am
Okay here is my weekly plan:
M leftovers from Sunday's roast with lots of extra Veges. Yoghurt.
T mushroom omelette, salad or baked potato and cheese with salad. Fruit.
W!
Th steamed fish withcourgettes, carrots, peas, kumara. Hot choc and marshmallows
F kids choice - sausages, sauce,in bread. Pudding.
S toasties or sandwiches
Salad, chicken nuggets.
Su roast dinner with lts of Veges
English style salad - boiled eggs, cold meat, beetroot, etc. cake. Fruit.

We don't all like curry. One of us has to watch their weight - so no pies and pastry. Takeaways are a rarity. We eat fresh and healthily as possible without it costing a fortune.

mousetrapp, May 13, 9:22am
Regulars here are:
-One pan dish - oven roasted chicken legs with roasties (pumpkin, carrot, potato, kumara) with water and cous cous added at the end
-Homemade burgers and chips on the weekend - could be a wrap if watching your weight
- lazy nights we use crumpets and wraps as bases and top with relish, sauce, ham, cheese, peppers, tomatoes etc and cook in the oven
-meatballs and spag, lasagne -kids favourite
At this time of year:
-beef stews with potatoes, carrots etc - peas broccoli on the side
-chicken stew with dumplings
-home made chicken or beef schnitzel with steamed vegies
-our left over roast chicken is often turned into chow mien or stir fry - but pie sounds good!
To change our 'menu' I use thetaste.com.au.website,.People rate the recipes and note what they've added substituted etc - very handy

cgvl, May 13, 9:35am
not always like this as I change it as I feel like. but if Sunday is a roast ie chicken
M: chicken pie/casserole/stir fry using left over meat I don't use pastry in the pie but do sometimes put mashe potatoes or potato pom poms on top.
T:these days are a mix of spag bol, nacho's, savoury mince, stir fry's,
W: pasta bakes, sausages, cold meats, casseroles, lamb shanks,
T I also do a vegetarian meal in here to, just use variety changes evry week
F: is usually fish night/ home pan fried, steamed or sweet and sour or baked or as a soup/chowder.
Sat: is often soup in winter or toasted sandwiches or spag/baked beans on toast or a bacon and egg pie or self crusting quiche.
I use the maggi website as several others as well as a few off here.

nzdoug, May 13, 10:07am
Fish n chips Fri if yer Catholic!

lilyfield, May 13, 10:50am
porridge

aglarana, May 13, 11:39am
Butter chicken is a once a weeker here. Tacos is a fortnighter. Osso bucco is another regular.

elliehen, May 13, 12:06pm
That's every day in this house :)

hairchopper1, May 13, 12:17pm
We have Curry about twice a week, red curry & green curry & every second week pad thai everyone here likes it & its so cheap to cook! using chicken thigh meat,

jimmy2102, May 13, 6:10pm
Falafels with hummus, tatziki, lettuce, grated carrot, beetroot and pita bread.
Black pudding, or hot smoked salmon with omelette.
Fish and salad with wedges.
Chicken with paprika, yogurt and mint, salad and spuds.
Steak only probably once a fortnight, with vege.
Sausages, mash spud onion gravy peas and carrots, grilled tomatoe.
Ravioli for an easy dinner.
Roast pork heaps of vege, next night a hot pork roll with apple sauce.
Stir fry with loads of vege, beef, chick or pork.
Homemade soup and a cheese toastie or roll
Stew or shank, slow cook, usually with mash spud and greens:-)

lythande1, May 13, 7:52pm
God no. How amazingly boring. Yes I have recipes I return to, but certainly not every week! There are so many different things you can make, why stick to the same thing endlessly.
So you buy a chook, should just cook one - then change the way you do it, different herbs and spices. With leftover chicken, soup perhaps, stirfry, stuffed cannelloni, the uses are endless.

biggles45, May 13, 7:57pm
+1. Chicken and broccoli is a favourite with leftover chicken (the one that uses chicken soup, salad cream, curry powder and cheese). We probably don't eat exactly the same thing more than once every 3 weeks or so. Same cuts of meat, but different methods of cooking, different herbs, spices etc.

ruby19, May 13, 8:01pm
We usually have a roast, where i use the left over meat for a next day dish, if chicken i usually make chicken satay.
We probably have more of a 2 week turn around
Pad thai, rissotto, roast, left over meat dish, stroganoff, soup, steak & roast veg and a sauce, pizza, curry,

sarahb5, May 13, 8:49pm
Other than takeaways of some description every Friday (reward for surviving the week of work, school, etc) then I try and vary what we eat each week - I have a menu plan with about 30 or so different meals so just pick 6 each week.Occasionally I find a new recipe and try that - if everyone enjoys it then it gets added to the list but I originally compiled the list with 5 suggestions from each member of the family (there were 5 of us at home at the time) and then added a few extras that everyone enjoys.

My meal plan doesn't include dessert but the choices are fruit and/or yoghurt.Very occasionally if it doesn't look like there's very much for dinner or we suddenly get extra guests I will cook dessert, or get one of the kids to cook dessert, but it's a rarity, not the norm.

very_hotpants, May 13, 10:46pm
Sausages, corned beef, cottage pie, chicken nuggets.

would love to have a lot more variety but my kids are picky and love their favourites

liamjosh, May 13, 11:11pm
Chicken drumsticks (coated in different ways), nachos, lasagne, spag bol or spag and meatballs, meatloaf, mac cheese, stir fry, snitznel (crumbed and fried or rolled with ham and cheese or stuffed and rolled with a tomato sauce, pasta and sauce dish, curried sausages, golden sausages, sweet n sour sausages, sweet n sour fish fillets, shepherds pie, sweet chicken curries like butter chicken or mango chicken (cause I don't like hot ones) roast chicken, corned beef etc.

We serve with veges, potato bake, baked potatoes, rice, cous cous, salad, risotto etc.

We have dessert maybe twice a week the week the boys are here on the days I'm not working and that can just be ice- cream or sometimes a packet mouse, self saucing choc pudding, sponge pudding with canned fruit, crumble - mostly with icecream and sometimes custard unless I'm feeling really inventive and only then will I make something special.

kokopuff, May 13, 11:44pm
Yes my kids are picky to they love their favs which are, chick nugg, chick nibbles, roast chick, sausages and homemade soup very boring but at least they will eat it. The adults dont like nuggets so we will have something quick and easy like scrambled eggs or stirfry. In the summer we mostly have BBQs in the winter we like casseroles, soups comforting foods.