FEIJOA JELLY HELP

samboy, May 15, 5:59am
I made feijoa jelly today and it hasn't set, its at pouring consistency and I have about 8 jars of it.Not sure what when wrong but I seemed to have a big pile of feijoas left when I strained it.Is there any way I can rescue this runny jelly that I have.

tatts2, May 15, 6:04am
Will be watching this thread i have done the same.Its just really runny

korbo, May 15, 7:08am
leave it until tomorrow, then grab a packet of Jam setting mix from supermarket, and reboil it, adding the setting mix. that should help.
I didnt need to use it with my 2 batches. did you boil it for long enough.!
good luck.

cgvl, May 15, 7:16am
as korbo has said did you boiil it hard after you added the sugar. Needs to be kept at a rolling boil for a min of 10mins but usually 20 and did you add lemon juice to help setting.
A sugar thermometer is handy or test it by putting a good Tbsp on a cold saucer and into the freezer for 5 mins and see if a film has developed when you tip saucer or if you run your finger through it does it stay seperated and slowly come back to gether. only then is it ready to bottle.

elliehen, May 15, 7:18am
I made two batches this season.The first I left in the jellybag for a full 24 hours and the solid fruit left next day was very dry. That juice made a perfect batch.

For the second lot I hurried things along and just let it drip all day.The fruit left in the bag was still quite fleshy and juicy and this second batch of jelly did not set as well.

samboy, May 15, 9:39am
I boiled it for 15 minutes and used the lemon but I think that possibly I didnt let the feijoas drip for long enough, either that or I had too much water.I will try what korbo suggested tomorrow and get some jam setting mix and reboil it.Hopefully it works.Incidentally any tips on how to let it drip, I had a stock pot with handles on each side and tied a muslin bag full of feijoas onto each handle, is there an easier way as they kept falling into the juice.