Fluffy, light Passionfruit cheesecake

donna23, May 6, 7:35pm
Had a taste of a cheesecake in a cafe over w/end, the filling was really light & fluffy (looked like the custard in a denheath custard square), it had a beauftiful passionfruit tang & wasn't overly sweet. Anyone out there got a recipe for something very similar!

donna23, May 7, 1:52am
No-one got a recipe!

245sam, May 7, 2:09am
donna23, have you tried doing a search here on this Trademe MB! - use cheesecake and/or passionfruit cheesecake as the keyword(s) and Last year as the Date posted option.
It may be that you would find a cheesecake with a lemony filling that could have passionfruit pulp (not the sweetened jar variety) added to it to produce a cheesecake similar to that you enjoyed over the weekend, or alternatively instead of just the passionfruit pulp, maybe you could try (as the cafe may have done) using freeze-dried passionfruit powder (+ some pulp if wanting to have some seeds evident) or if all else fails, how about asking the cafe for the recipe - either directly, yourself, or through any of the magazines that do assist with such requests!

Hope that helps.:-))

245sam, May 7, 2:09am
donna23, have you tried doing a search here on this Trademe MB! - use cheesecake and/or passionfruit cheesecake as the keyword(s) and Last year as the Date posted option.
It may be that you would find a cheesecake with a lemony filling that could have passionfruit pulp (not the sweetened jar variety) added to it to produce a cheesecake with a tang similar to that you enjoyed over the weekend, or alternatively instead of using just the passionfruit pulp, maybe you could try (as the cafe may have done) using freeze-dried passionfruit powder (+ some pulp if wanting to have some fruit and seeds evident rather the flavour only) or if all else fails, how about asking the cafe for the recipe - either directly, yourself, or through any of the magazines that assist with such requests!

Hope that helps.:-))

marcs, May 7, 10:27am
Was it baked or gelatine based!

winnie231, May 7, 6:58pm
This is a recipe I've shared here before. It's not a 'true' cheesecake but the filling is just as you've described so I hope you give it a try.

"I have a cheats version which isn't really a 'cheesecake' at all but that's what I called it when I started making it WAYYYY back in primary school .
1 jelly (any flavour)
1 sml yoghurt (flavour to complement the jelly)
1 sml bottle of cream, whipped

Make a biscuit base as usual.
Make the jelly with only 1 cup of boiling water & allow to cool but not set.
Whip cream, beat yoghurt into cream, beat cool jelly into cream/yoghurt mix & pile onto biscuit base. Set in fridge & decorate with matching fresh or tinned fruit, cream, white choc curls, .
Enjoy!

winnie231 (119 )10:29 pm, Mon 27 Feb #2"

You can easily make a passionfruit version from this recipe & could even add some passionfruit pulp to the mix if you want.