Do I need to reduce the recipe? (Lamb shanks)

zuggle, May 5, 4:20am
I plan on trying what seems a gorgeous recipe, Rogan Josh Lamb Shanks (below) tomorrow. have bought the shanks, just two for the two of us. Would you in any way change a recipe that serves 4. I don't think I need to, do I, just because they are using 4 shanks!

Ingredients
Serves: 4
2/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon plain flour
2 tablespoons cornflour
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 chicken stock cubes
4 whole cardamom pods, broken
1 (400g) can diced tomatoes
1 cup water
ground nutmeg to taste
1 large brown onion, cut into wedges
4 lamb shanks
1 large carrot, diced
400 g whole small potatoes, washed but not peeled
250 g button mushrooms, quartered
Add to favourites
Email to a friend
Printer friendly

Preparation method
Prep: 40 minutes| Cook: 8 hours
1. Combine the sour cream and the flour together in a small bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cornflour and the water to make a paste.
2. Combine the chilli powder, coriander, ginger, stock cubes, cardamom, tomatoes, water and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil.
3. Slowly add the cornflour paste to the tomato mixture, stirring constantly; simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly stir in the sour cream and flour mixture.
5. Arrange the onions in the base of a slow cooker, top with the shanks and pour over the tomato mixture. Place the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms on top of the sauce.
6. Cover and cook in the slow cooker on High for 8 hours.

Provided by: All recipes

rainrain1, May 5, 5:23am
It won't matter if you don't, you will just have more liquid, but you could halve everything if you want to

zuggle, May 5, 7:44am
Thank you, thought so.