BBQ chops?

rema, May 2, 5:09am
I am just wondering if anybody can help re a dish that my Mum used to do, it was with lamb chops, bacon, onion, tomato, cheese and potatoe on top and then put in the oven on a slow heat, can't quite remember if that was all - or what order it went in! Thank in advance

beaker59, May 2, 7:58am
A favourite in our family is a layer of sliced onion a layer of chops a layer of sliced tomato with rosemary chopped over chops then a mix of cheese and breadcrumbs over the top. Bake in oven about an hour at 180 until crusty on top and chops tender.

Suspect its a recipe that arrived here with thegreat great grandparents back in the 1880's according to what a few older family members say.

darlingmole, May 2, 8:22am
(rema - why leave the winterless far north! for damp Rotovegas)

rema, May 2, 11:16pm
Many thanks for your replies - darlingmole, left far north for Rotovegas for work purposes, but have now retired, closer to family, and thanks beaker, that sounds close to what I was looking for

guest, Jan 11, 8:36am
Hey, that's pouwefrl. Thanks for the news.

guest, Jan 13, 1:47pm
Greetings from Idaho! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your site on my iponhe during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you present here and can't wait to take a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, fantastic blog!

guest, Jan 14, 9:58am
STP:yea, went back and got call from company to go ofsohfre. so here i am! :)Clint:hahha...so cool? i am swaying 24/7, can't even stand straight now! hehe..CHVoon: hahaa...i see. that's cool, met a lot of chinese here too. lol. yea, i am so going to be very fat. LOL.Mei Teng: yea...unfortunately. Yeap, has been working for a while already, 8 months. :P