Loving roast beetroot at the moment

kob, May 2, 4:59am
Im roasting and eating it as a potato, instead of doing spuds at night im drizzling olive oil over beetroot kumera and pumpkin and roasting man o man I have found a new love, adding a red onion chopped as well and just having chicken or chops with the roast veges and drizzlingeta caramilised onion dressing over the top.

jimmy2102, May 2, 6:01am
Yummy i love roast beetroot too, its really good with some greek yogurt or feta.

norse_westie, May 2, 6:03am
Yum, must try that. I am a fan of beetroot. Love it raw on my sandwiches too.

justiyah, May 2, 6:07am
Yum thatsound good. How long do you roast beetroot for and do you take theskin of!I havent done it before.

coast_palms, May 2, 6:09am
Just peel it before roasting at 180 c.

jimmy2102, May 2, 6:11am
I peel it first and cut into wedges, roast at 180 degrees fot about 45 mins until tender. You can also splash abit of balsamic vinegar with the olive oil salt and pepper. Its even good cold the next day in a salad.

dbab, May 2, 7:44am
That's how I do it too, with some chopped garlic added. I have some huge beetroot in my garden that I am using up.

crails, May 2, 8:40am
Kob that sounds devine

mrsjes, May 2, 8:46am
I love it. My Jenny Craig lady suggested trying it with lite Balsamic Vinegar poured over it (free food!) so plan on doing that. Yum!

herself, May 2, 8:46am
I like to roast beetroot, carrots and red onion that has been drizzled with balsamic vinegar, orange juice and olive oil. A sprinkle of salt and pepper and it'sso delicious hot or cold!

a410, May 2, 11:12am
All your livers will be so happy.

fisher, May 2, 12:42pm
That's how I do it herself.The balsamic really makes it.
Have just planted out some more to see if I can get them growing over winter,,,did a couple of punnets and also reseeded present bed.
have about 20 left 'on the go' but dont want to pick them too small.:}would dread having to buy any.

kob, May 2, 7:59pm
sometimes I do add garlic and balsamic vinegar & rosemary to the veg but
most times i just drizzle olive oil on them, No peeling of the bettroot and we eat the skins as well I just top and tail them

macandrosie, May 3, 10:00am
Talking of huge beetroot. was having a bit of a clean up recently in my vege patch, & thought one beetroot was too huge to use & might bea bit past it, so I tossed it over the fence (into the paddock) where Lily the pet sheep grazes. When I'm out in the vege garden she comes up to the fence to see what I might give her. Anyway I carried on gardening not thinking she or the other sheep would eat the beetroot, but when I turned around there was miss Lily luscious lips all pink around the mouth like she'd been into the lippy! Wish I'd taken a photo, it was really cute!

genpat, May 4, 1:08pm
All sounds delicious.I watched a River Cottage programme yesterday where he made beetroot ice cream and everyone tasting it said it was very good.

guest, Jan 11, 8:51am
At last, sooemne comes up with the "right" answer!

guest, Jan 13, 1:41pm
Made em with dinner tongiht! they were great! next time I think I will slice them a little thinner and roast them a few minutes longer! But we all (me, my hubby, my 12, 10 and 5 yr old) enjoyed them!

guest, Jan 14, 9:54am
I'd love to join - hope to both build better finests habits and workout smarter. Last fall I participated in an on-line wellness program that focused on better eating and now I need to improve my finests level. Have fallen in love with yoga over the past year but haven't been in month. Need to be consistent and find ways to keep it a priority - and to add more cardio / strength training to routine. I feel so much better (and am nicer to be around) when I'm taking care of myself. Thanks for doing this!