Anyone here use a waffle maker?

homebay, May 2, 12:40am
And if so are they any good! Have run out of ideas for lunch for hubby & self :)

Thanks

ceesh, May 2, 1:36am
Weuse it quite a lot have only made sweet waffles with it but really enjoy it ours is a breville one, they cook quickly and are yum for breakfast!

lindylambchops1, May 2, 1:53am
We have a Breville one too.We love it makes a great breakfast treat or a quick dessert.

homebay, May 2, 4:41am
Thanks to above . Think you have talked me into one :)

kob, May 2, 4:42am
ohhhh yes lemon honey with whiped cream on hot waffles, oh my goodness they are devine

cgvl, May 2, 5:27am
I have one as well Breville and use it for breakfasts, have with bacon, eggs and hollandaise sauce. haven't really bothered with desserts but do like with lashings of maple syrup (not a great idea for me but oh well)

makespacenow, May 2, 5:53am
Yes use it a lot.
Just the cheap goldair one.make sweet ones to go with tart cherrycompote vanilla ice cream and whipped cream or lemon/passion fruit card jams etc.
Make chocolate ones to go with bananas
make savoury ones with herbs spices cheese sundried tom etc top them with bacon.

gardie, May 2, 6:08am
Yep - have one as well but I've never been able to get the waffles crispy like the Nanas waffle ones.

punkinthefirst, May 2, 9:33am
Haha.I have Nana's cast iron waffle maker. I, too, can't get the results from the electric waffle maker. Thanks folks.I know what I'm having for breakfast! (Ran out of bread for toast, LOL)

elhers, May 2, 9:42am
Ive had 2, sunbeam and now Breville and love my breville one. I make mini Pizzas aswell as sweet.

connor2003, May 2, 10:47am
I've got a Sunbeam Penguin waffle maker and although I can't find the recipe for it from moving house too much, I make pikelets in it and the kids love them

wheelz, May 2, 10:55am
hmmm.I have a cast iron one that I heat on my gas hob. Haven't made some for several years, but they were good. The boys in this house always wanted chocolate waffles.

skippie1, May 2, 11:47am
wheels, I envy you having a cast iron waffle maker, they are the best.

gardie, May 2, 6:21pm
Like connor does, my kids make pikelets - they reckon its faster - I just reckon its messier lol.

frances1266, May 2, 6:46pm
Rice flour will make waffles crispy.

seafield1, May 2, 10:24pm
I have one, make desserts, breakfasts, and sometimes after school treats. I would love a savory recipe if someone is happy to share.

cgvl, May 2, 10:41pm
mine come out of the waffle maker crispy but as they cool they go soft, which is great for rolling.
I usually double the mix so I make extra and freeze them. Pop under grill or in toaster to heat through and these usually crisp nicely.

My recipe uses 2 heaped Tbsps of cornflour. Oh and I just throw all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Much easier than using 3 different bowls for the same effect.

punkinthefirst, May 2, 11:11pm
BTW. I discovered, before my family left home, that you can cook waffles to the stage when they are starting to crisp up, then take them out and put them aside for later. They crisp up really well under the grill or in the toaster. I used to keep a batch in the freezer for quick treats.
Edit to say. someone already posted this info.sorry.

seafield1, May 3, 4:44am
I love waffles soft, so thats how we have them

homebay, May 3, 5:44am
Yummm .Thanks for the ideas. will be getting one

sarahb5, May 3, 10:04am
Mr Waddles!We have one here although I do still have the original recipe book somewhere - kids love them and he's super cute too!Mr 17 will often make a batch of chocolate "waddles" when he gets home from school.

elliehen, May 3, 10:53am
I keep seeing them in Op shops, so thought they must be yet another of those bench-space hogging useless gifts ;)

sarahb5, May 3, 10:48pm
For some people they would be but I can't cook pikelets to save myself even though the mixture always comes out fine so cooking them in Mr Waddles solves the problem.Kids love the penguin shape - even now they're big kids especially when you fill his belly with syrup!