Spaghetti cupcakes help please

uli, Feb 21, 5:11am
bump for the spaghetti lovers.
Maybe that is something for rae too!

sunshinemegs, Apr 29, 4:35am
I've made these once before and they were yummy
http://www.4ingredients.com.au/recipe/spaghetti-cupcakes
but they were a little sloppy - could I put a bit of flour in the recipe to firm them up a bit do you think!
if so - how much
Thanks for your help

sunshinemegs, Apr 29, 4:35am
I've made these once before and they were yummy
http://www.4ingredients.com.au/recipe/spaghetti-cupcakes
but they were a little sloppy - could I put a bit of flour in the recipe to firm them up a bit do you think!
if so - how much
Thanks for your help

evorotorua, Apr 29, 4:42am
They look fun. I don't know about the flour but maybe the spaghetti could be drained a little. There is a real variety of tinned spaghetti and some is sloppier than others. If you feel there is too much sauce, perhaps just drain some out. Have fun and if they don't turn out the way you thought, just change the name of them!

gardie, Apr 29, 4:44am
Like this idea - I would have expected that the eggs would have set the mix.Try adding 1/2 cup self raising flour - OR 1/2 cup plain flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder.I'd be worried not using any raising agent, that they would be a bit stodgy.If you don't want to do the flour, try adding another egg instead.

sunshinemegs, Apr 29, 4:55am
Just a cheats way of having spaghetti and eggs and getting the kids to help cook
Thanks I think I'll drain some of the sauce and add a bit of flour and see how we go. The last lot sort of had to be scooped out of the patty tin - hmm might actually try them in patty cases to make clean-up a bit easier.

olwen, Apr 29, 5:04am
An extra egg might do the job

evorotorua, Apr 29, 5:41am
My kids are now 22 and 18 so a bit past this. However I used to make a similar thing in stale buns. Countdown sold bags of 20 buns and inevitably some were left over. Being on a very tight budget I couldn't bear to throw them out. I hollowed out the buns and put spaghetti and other such fillings in the hollow bit. Top with a little grated cheese and bake till hot. We called them octopus pies. No idea why but it stuck. A great meal on a night you didn't feel like cooking and way cheaper than fish and chips.

sunshinemegs, Apr 29, 6:45am
oh cool might have to give that a go too thanks evorotorua - we do lazy tea on Sundays

Update: The flour did the trick - but patty cases didn't really work the mix stuck to the paper - the kids said they were nicer tonight than the last lot though :)