Food processors

kscott3, Apr 29, 2:57am
Can anyone recommend a good basic food processor please . I don't want a heap of different blades and attachments , blenders etc.

bambi58, Apr 29, 3:08am
Go and have a loook at them in an appliancce store of Wharehouse, Farmwers etc. They're all different, even within the same brand. Depends what you wantg to do with it. If you only want a very basic one for casual use you may be able to pick up a good 2nd hand one.

rayoz, Apr 30, 1:35am
I have a magimix, it was expensive when I bought it several years ago but honestly I use it so much and have never had any problem with it and I know they are cheaper now :) MaryG

davidt4, Apr 30, 1:55am
Magimix.

nauru, Apr 30, 4:43am
I have a Sunbeam food processor which I find is great, I use it most days and always make my pastry in it.Some people say avoid Sunbeam appliances but I'm very happy with my one and it wasn't expensive.

barbs77, Apr 30, 5:19am
KitchenAid, love mine and think it runs better than a Magimix, but maybe I am biased!

jimmy2102, Apr 30, 8:03am
Magimix, love it easy to use and clean. I did loads of research first. Also shopped around and saved a couple of hundred:-)

kscott3, Apr 30, 8:45am
thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply :-)

donnabeth, Apr 30, 10:22pm
My Sunbeam broke down a week outside the guarantee and neither Farmers nor Sunbeam would honour the guarantee. I know now that I could have challenged that under the consumer rights act becasue it was like brand new-it suddenly went to full speed and could only be turned off at the wall.
I replaced it with a Russell Hobbswhich works very efficiently-but you need ear muffs to operate the thing. It is so noisy it causes a pain in my ears if I turn my head the wrong way.