Anathoth jam

kinna54, Apr 28, 7:26am
Always buy this as it's nearest to home made.or WAS! Last couple of times I have bought it I have noticed a distinct change.really sweet!
I always buy the apricot and the three berry, but just opened new containers of both, (bought last week ) and they are very sweet, not the usual tangy flavour at all. A marked difference.disappointing!

jessie981, Apr 28, 7:28am
Used to buy. Now buy Roses. Their Apricot jam has large pieces of fresh fruit. Nicer

kinna54, Apr 28, 7:35am
Sounds good jessie.thx.any particular supermarket! I will look out for it.

falcon-hell, Apr 28, 7:50am
i have seen roses at the supermarket,but at the same time never properly looked to see what flavours they have-anyone!

jessie981, Apr 28, 8:01am
All flavours. I get from New World ChCh. Don't know where you are kinna.

motorbo, Apr 28, 8:03am
the company was bought a couple of years ago by a large company, hence the changes

jimmy2102, Apr 28, 8:23am
The people who started anathoth sold, now maje jam called Te Horo

krazy_kat, Apr 28, 8:37am
Different people - and Te Horo jam is much nicer.

puresteam, Apr 28, 8:56am
also the people that started anathon sold to barkers now they make under the name pope.

kinna54, Apr 28, 9:31am
Aha. Thx purestream! Maybe the new owners have altered the recipe! Haven't seen any Pope or Te Horo here in Palmy.
Off to Chch for a few days next week so may see what I can spot in Sth Island supermarkets.
Thx everyone. PS. Think I may also email the new company.worth a shot.

nfh1, Apr 28, 9:54am
My husband loves Anatoth but I do wish they would not fill the containers so full.

nauru, Apr 28, 10:08am
Pak & Save stock TeHoro jams

firob, Apr 28, 10:28am
Anatoth made by well known company Barkers of Geraldine.

duckmoon, Apr 28, 11:15am
I get jam from . my pantry.

thanks to the school gala, I now know how to make my own jam

kateley, Apr 28, 11:22am
the lady who started Anathoth jams was my son's teacher.She told me that she used the recipe from the Edmonds cookbook!Sadly, they are now bankrupt and living in Australia.

elliehen, Apr 28, 11:23am
'Pope Jam' is the original hand-made jam, successor to Anathoth, which Owen and Kaye Pope of Upper Moutere, Nelson, sold to Barkers.

http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/markets/4/4

jimmy2102, Apr 28, 8:25pm
Woops, wrong again!

guest, Mar 21, 6:04pm
Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your ieesrntt in our iPad Contest. Based on user feedback we've made some technical adjustments, and we would like for you to try entering again. There are 3 components to an entry you must be a registered user of My Inspired Wedding and be logged in. Once you Like our Facebook page, the entry form will appear.Please do try entering again (and remember you can enter everyday!). Let us know if you still have problems. Thanks!

guest, Mar 24, 3:13am
ristan8Still having trlbuoe with locating the entry form. I have attempted several times and still no luck with the entry form after selecting like. Can you please help? Is there another site I can use to enter the contest.