Pork fillet cooking time

mazzy1, Apr 28, 4:41am
any hints! I am famous for overcooking meat, although I am not a fan of blood. I have a couple of pork fillets, some rosemary and fresh sage that I thought to include. Google is usually my friend but I can't be bothered trawling through a hundred recipes. I guess I really want to know; do I sear them first, then how long do I roast them for and on what temperature, then how long do I rest them. I want them cooked but not like an old boot. (Hard to please, I know.):-)

pigletnz25, Apr 28, 4:42am
aww I want to know this also.

mazzy1, Apr 28, 5:36am
ha ha - quite ironic for you to ask this too piglet. lol.C'mon people - dinner time approaches!

davidt4, Apr 28, 6:36am
Pork fillet is better fried than roasted, as it is very lean and dries out quickly.I would slice it into 3cmmedallions, season and fry over medium heat in olive oil or butterfor about 5 minutes per side until they are cooked through but still juicy.Add whatever herbs you have, a splash of white wine or chicken stock,remove meat to a warm plate and bubble the liquid a few minutes until syrupy.Add some cream or butter if you like, pour over pork to serve.

katalin2, Apr 28, 8:01am
I do it in the slow cooker with one of the Asian McCormick's packet sauces for pork poured over it - comes out tender with a thick sauce to serve with- dead easy. Slice up just before serving.

mazzy1, Apr 28, 10:22am
I'm going to try this next time!