Cooking chicken thighs - any special way?

nunesy, Apr 27, 7:16am
Sorry probably obvious. but I bought chicken thighs, haven't cooked them before.Can I just cook them like normal, ie in an oven dish, roasted etc!Am thinking of marinading them like I would with stirfry chicken, or adding some kind of Cajun seasoning and then roasting.Would they dry out - would I need to baste them regularly etc!I looked up other threads and it seems like the times for cooking them vary too.Thanks.

books4nz, Apr 27, 7:25am
Yes, cook like any other chicken - roasted, grilled, etc. is good. We prefer thighs, they have more flavour and don't dry out like breast chicken can. Baste as much as you want.

glenn-ellyn, Apr 27, 7:34am
We had chicken thighs for dinner tonight.I made a chicken,pumpkin and apple curry with basmatic rice and coriander. Yummy

goldgurl, Apr 27, 7:36am
we had some for dinner tonight.I make a stuffing with al the bread ends I save.mixed herbs, onions, apricot jam, garlic, rasins, 1-2 eggs, dash of soy sauce.whatever I have on hand that I think will taste good really lol.

Mix well, then I put 2-3tbs of stuffing mix under the skin - (have a play with the top of the chicken thigh, you'll notice there is a side that you can easily slip your fingers under and once the stuffing is in, it's like a pouch)

Then I place in a roasting dish, skin side up, sprinkle skin with flour (you can also add other things to that too!) and a cup of plain water.180c preheated oven.20-25min later baste, then 30mins later should give you perfect moist yummy chicken :)

Sorry I'm not very precise with the ingredient list - I'm a real freestyler when I cook :)

floralsun, Apr 27, 8:45am
Sounds delish goldgurl, hadn't thought of apricot jam.

Dip them into flour, egg and breadcrumbs then bake - gives a nice crunchy crust.