La Chinata smoked paprika.degrees of heat?

spot20, Apr 27, 6:06am
Hoping someone can help me here.got my husband to pick up some smoked paprika and he came home with the hot one.they were all sold out of mild which is probably what i would have chosen.question is before i decide to keep or not.how hot is hot! Thanks guys

davidt4, Apr 27, 6:19am
Hot paprika is not as hot as chilli powder.The Spanish use it in very small quantities.You shouldn't add very much smoked paprika to a dish as it can be coarse and overpowering , so don't worry about the heat factor.

spot20, Apr 27, 6:23am
Okay thanks for that.would you think one would be more versatile than the other!

jimmy2102, Apr 27, 8:15pm
The sweet smoked is the best all round one

ruby19, Apr 27, 8:19pm
I use a little of each in a recipe, hot and smoked, as mentioned above, I personally find too much smoked paprika is not very nice.

davidt4, Apr 27, 10:30pm
Ordinary sweet paprika is the one I use most, hot paprika occasionally.Smoked paprika has limited uses and, as I said earlier, can be easily overdone.After trying many different brands of sweet paprika including cheap bulk paprika from Indian food stores and expensive Spanish paprika in tins I have decided that the Greggs brand that comes in little packets is the freshest and best tasting.

spot20, Apr 28, 3:13am
Good advice, thanks again!