Need to use up cream

nicenikki, Apr 26, 4:17am
ive got lots of unwhipped cream that i need to use up asap - any ideas of recipes which arent too difficult! either dessert or mains! thanks

gilligee, Apr 26, 4:30am
Freeze until you need it.

kay141, Apr 26, 4:43am
I freeze mine in the ice cube tray. It separates a bit on thawing but is OK for cooking. I have read that if you whip it and then freeze it in blobs, it doesn't separate but I haven't tried that yet.

whakahihi, Apr 26, 4:50am
How about fettuccine!Fry some bacon until crisp and add some sliced mushrooms and crushed garlic.Removed from heat.Mix cream, a few eggs and some grated cheese together in a bowl.Add some chopped parsley or chives.Add bacon, mushrooms and garlic.Boil fettuccine pasta then drain.Return to heat and add cream mixture stirring constantly so eggs don't scramble.Sauce will thicken and heat through.Delicious!

xpressoholic, Apr 26, 4:51am
lemonade scones (easiest thing ever & you can freeze the scones too), pasta with a lemon/cream sauce (just add lemon juice & seasonings to cream and cook until reduced, if you add smoked salmon it is extra delish) , creamy mushrooms (add cream to sautéed mushrooms & garlic)

245sam, Apr 26, 4:58am
a few uses for unwhipped cream, other than the obvious of whipping the cream to top a pavlova or to serve with desserts or on scones etc.

make scones (use instead of butter and milk); in sauces (e.g. creamy pasta sauces); make cakes, big or small, e.g. cup cakes as in the recipe below; in desserts such as cheesecakes, panna cotta, lemon posset, mousse.

"Best Ever Cupcakes
2 eggs, cream, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 3/4c caster sugar, 1 c self raising flour. Crack eggs into a 250ml measuring jug then fill to the top with cream. Transfer to a bowl and beat with electric beaters for 1 minute. Add vanilla and sugar, beat 3 minutes. Fold in flour gently with wooden spoon. Spoon mix into 12 muffin tins lined with paper cases. Bake @ 180°C for approx, 15-20mins until light golden and cooked. Cook and ice with your favourite icing.
posted by rkcroft"

Hope that helps.:-))

nicenikki, Apr 26, 5:03am
wow you guys are awesome! anyone got the recipe for lemonade scones please! soooo many great ideas here!