After Wedding Nibble ideas

bexta021, Apr 26, 4:14am
Anyone got some ideas please.I thought of Bruscheta but not sure on toppings! I also want things that can be prepared a few days in advance and either frozen or easy to do on the day.PLEASE!

xpressoholic, Apr 26, 4:47am
blinis - they were very popular when we did them for our wedding. You can make them in advance & freeze them then just top them on the day - toppings like sour cream with smoked salmon

kinna54, Apr 26, 6:12am
I have posted a lot of finger food ideas.type my name in search.did one just the other day.

moore., May 6, 2:49am
cheese rolls are good Bexta021;-)you wrap them up like asparagus rolls but for a function i would cut them in half to make bite size pieces - as i do for Asparagus rolls.
do you want the recipe.

moore., May 6, 2:52am
here it is:

Cheese Rolls
1 Packet onion soup
1 cup of water over low heat,
add 2 packed cups grated cheese, ½ tsp paprika, ½-1 tsp curry powder.(opt)
Cut the 2 long crusts off bread ( sandwich bread)
and spread wrong side (lightly) with butter or margarine. Spread the cheese mix on the other side, roll up with the cheese mixture on the inside, place in plastic bag in fridge for 1hr then grill. They are really handy to keep in the freezer for last minute snacks.
Makes appx 2 loaves of bread.

i also have put in a peice of asparagus on some of them, or some shaved ham on others.

mackenzie2, May 6, 6:22am
Just make sure, they are easy to eat as most people will be standing with a glass in one hand, make sure there is no toothpicks/shells etc that people would have to hold onto until they can find a bin. One or two bites is the ideal size, and make sure what ever you serve does not have a loose topping or crumbles, people don;t want to spill anything on there clothes. French sticks either fresh or oven dried are perfect for a lot of different toppings salmon/cream cheese etc,Anti pasta platters beside the drinks table are a good option also, we do a chilli prawn on chiritzo which is popular, also small stamped club sandwiches, small cos lettuce cups with what ever filling you wish to serve are easy to eat also, bite size asp rolls with cream cheese and horse radish, small stamped rye bread with rare beef. Anymore suggestions please ask, We do alot of wedding food

m41, May 6, 10:00am
check out Master chef site as they did some scrummy looking nibbles for the Navy on one of their eppisodes .