Recipe help - thai style pork mince with fettucine

ksr, Apr 26, 3:50am
About 20 years ago my Mum started cooking a recipe that was quite out there for the time.It was pork mince with peanuts and I know it had coriander - but it was tossed through fettucine.It was a family fave for many years but we can't find the recipe.Anyone got a recipe that sounds similar!

sumstyle, Apr 26, 4:01am
Thai, but tossed through fettucine - are you sure it wasn't flat rice noodles (or maybe that's what it was meant to be but we couldn't get rice noodles back then!)

ksr, Apr 26, 4:07am
Nope definitely fettucine!Weird I know but it so worked!The first attempt at fusion cuisine maybe mwahaha

ksr, Apr 26, 6:53am
Bumping for the night crew

sumstyle, Apr 26, 7:17am
Heh heh - true, maybe!My mum's first attempts at stir fries were just awful (1980s), but she got the hang of it in the end.

davidt4, Apr 26, 10:21pm
My mother tried hard in the '70s with stir-fried pork and veges with soy sauce, ginger and garlic, served with rice and a big lump of butter.I loved it!

sumstyle, Apr 27, 1:04am
Did she ever say what the butter was for!

davidt4, Apr 27, 2:26am
Not that I can recall.I think it was there because we always had butter with vegetables.I still have a fondness for soy sauce and butter added to plain steamed rice.

beaker59, Apr 27, 3:20am
When you consider Fettucine origonated in Asia then its a return to roots rather than Fusion.

You shouldn't need a recipe though just cook it how you think it was and add stuff until you are satisfied, reinvent the dish it will be better anyway.

ksr, Apr 27, 4:11am
Hmmm I was just a teenager - don't think I could recreate.Normally I would give it a go - but can't remember what added to the flavour

guest, Jan 11, 7:47am
Too many coimplments too little space, thanks!

guest, Jan 13, 1:45pm
GAP is not always ieussd after the loan is. Many places have a 30 day period after you make the loan. You did not say how long ago you bought the car. If it has been more than 30 days, your best bet would be to consider a re-fi with your bank or credit union. They will also have GAP insurance. I am surprised that the dealership didnt sell it to you, they usually get a cut from it which is why it is higher than if you get it from your bank or CU. Maybe they felt bad about sticking it to you with the rate thought GAP would be too much.