Fondant people in here please.

kahnyae, Apr 26, 3:10am
So I am going to bite the bullet and start learning to use fondant. Can you please please tell me the main tools I will need to start off with, can all of these things be purchased at spotlight! Is there anything else that is helpful that I need to know! I am pretty good with decorating cakes just stepping up lol, any help would be appreciated before I spend a whole heap of money on things I don't really need! :)

kiwitrish, Apr 26, 3:45am
When you say that you are going to start and learn to use fondant do ou mean that you are going to cover cakes with it or make decorations to go on the cakes!

makespacenow, Apr 26, 4:57am
I bought most through ebay or from states as found it overpriced here.a good book is a great start are you going to make own forndant too!

kahnyae, Apr 26, 7:41am
Wanting to cover cakes as well as make decorations to go on them, not planning on making my own fondant at this stage.

sclaredy_cat, Apr 27, 6:33am
I wouldn't bother making fondant again, I only ever use bakels. Tastes like marshmallow and easy to work with. Get yourself a decent rolling pin, mine is wooden but I know people who use a piece of PVC pipe. As long ad it's smooth and light. You will need a fondant smoother
or two, mine are Perspex but you can get them in white plastic. A really sharp, fine pointed knife or a rolling blade cutter for the edges. You can but sets of tools on here, about 6 in the set, about ten bucks. That would be the basics but you will add to that over time until you have to devote a whole cupboard to cake stuff like me ;)