Dessert roll made with gingernuts.

esiuol1, Apr 26, 1:21am
Has anyone got a recipe for a roll made with gingernuts, cream, and I can't remember what else! I've found a similar one on here using choc chippie biscuits. Thanks!

olwen, Apr 26, 1:24am
Sherry.Dip gingernuts in sherry and layer with whipped cream.Other cheap liqueurs might work or maybe even orange juice.

elliehen, Apr 26, 1:27am
Found in a search top leftfor 'gingernut log'.

elliehen, Apr 26, 1:31am
.and just one more :)

beausun, Apr 26, 6:30am
In the past I have dipped the biscuits in pineapple juice and used pineapple rings between some of the biscuits. Cover with cream and crumbled flake or nuts as usual

kiwigal007, Apr 26, 6:30am
Thats what we used to have when growing up and YUM!

norse_westie, Apr 26, 8:20am
I've only eaten the non-alcohol type where you dip them in very strong coffee. I find it perfect with the cream.

elliehen, Apr 26, 10:06am
I like the idea of a Ginger hit and next festive occasion I'm thinking of trying gingernuts dipped in Stone's ginger wine, with whipped cream and crystallised ginger decoration ;)

esiuol1, Apr 26, 12:25pm
Awesome - thanks everyone!

nunesy, Jul 7, 5:38am
I know this thread is old but was searching dessert ideas. you can do this gingernut log with chopped tinned peaches as well - breaks up the excessive richness of all that cream, for those who don't like crystalized ginger etc.And you dip the biscuits into the tinned peach juice so you really only need the gingernuts, peaches, and whipped cream, easy!

00743, Jul 7, 6:11am
gingernuts dipped in just juice then stuck togther with cream in a long shape and then cover them with the rest of the creamand choco shavings over top or what ever you like

juliewn, Dec 17, 11:24pm
Thanks Nunesy. will make this for our New Year's Eve Party. yum!