Gooey Caramel Slice .

nzchewie, Apr 24, 12:58am
anyone got a recipe they love and dont mind sharing!

I have never made it, but do love buying a slice when I grab a coffee . should try and make my own I reckon.

Please submit below !

TY :)

cookessentials, Apr 24, 1:49am
I have a nice hazelnut caramel slice recipe

kay1083, Apr 24, 2:27am
Ohh I love caramel slice, I can't find the recipe I use tho sorry.

cookessentials, Apr 24, 4:47am
Hazelnut Caramel Slice

200g butter, chopped
50g cocoa powder
400g firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten lightly
225g plain flour
200g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Caramel filling
180g unsalted butter, chopped
110g caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
180ml sweetened condensed milk
175g whole hazelnuts, toasted

NOTE: This recipe can be made two days ahead; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Preheat the oven to moderately slow (160C). Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan, line the base and two sides with baking paper.

Combine the butter and cocoa in a medium saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth. Add sugar, stir until dissolved.

Remove from heat, add vanilla, eggs and sifted flour; mix well. Spread mixture into prepared pan, bake in a moderately slow oven for 20 minutes; cool.

For the caramel filling, combine butter, sugar, syrup and condensed milk in a medium saucepan; stir over a low heat until butter is melted. Increase the heat to medium and simmer, stirring, for about 13 minutes or until mixture is a dark caramel colour.

Remove from the heat and stir in the hazelnuts. Quickly spread the caramel filling evenly over the base, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.

Combine the chocolate and oil in a small bowl then spread over the caramel filling; refrigerate until set.

rainrain1, Apr 24, 8:09pm
Anzac Caramel Slice recipe

Base
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups coconut
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
200g melted butter
200g golden syrup

Caramel
400g tin condensed milk
75g butter
125g golden syrup

Mix the ingredients for the base. Leave some for sprinkling on the top of the slice and press the rest into a sponge roll tin lined with baking paper.

To make the caramel, melt ingredients in microwave and pour over the base. Sprinkle with reserved topping and bake 180 deg C until golden - about 20-25 minutes.

carlos57, Apr 25, 7:58am
Here's my grandmother's recipe, although she didn't have the luxury of a microwave for making the filling! I made it yesterday, and ended up cooking it for about 30 minutes to make sure the base was properly cooked. This is always very popular, and I get many requests for the recipe. Enjoy :)

Chocolate Caramel Slice
Base
170g butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
Pinch salt
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbspn cocoa

Filling
1 ½ cups brown sugar
60g butter
1 tin condensed milk
2 Tbspn golden syrup

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and salt, and beat. Sift together and add flour, baking powder and cocoa. Beat well. Press half of mixture into a Swiss roll tin (approx 33 x 23cm). Microwave together all filling ingredients, until they can be mixed easily. Spread onto base. Roll out remaining shortcake onto baking paper or greaseproof paper, and place on top of filling. Carefully peel back paper. Bake at 170 deg (low in oven) for at least 20 minutes. I often find it needs longer for base to be properly cooked. Allow to cool before cutting.

elliehen, Apr 25, 8:10am
This one seems to be popular - is often posted :)

fendi3, Apr 25, 9:33am
Chocolate caramel slice brings back such yummy memories!

bridget107, Apr 26, 11:46pm

bev00, Sep 15, 12:01pm
Caramel Coconut Slice

• 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
. 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
• 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
• 1/2 cup (110) caster sugar
• 100g butter, melted

• 395g can sweetened condensed milk
• 2 tbs golden syrup
• 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
• 60g butter, melted, extra

• 2 eggs, lightly whisked
• 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar, extra
• 2 cups (180g) desiccated coconut, extra

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a slice pan. Line base and two opposite sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over edge of pan.

2. Combine sifted flours, coconut, caster sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Cook for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.

3. Combine sweetened condensed milk, golden syrup, brown sugar and extra butter in a medium bowl. Spread mixture evenly over base.

4. Combine eggs, extra sugar and extra coconut in a medium bowl and sprinkle evenly over filling.

Cook for further 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.

Cool in pan. Cut slice into squares or triangles to serve.

How did it go and was a goodie to disappear from cupboard! Ta:)

Quotelx4000 (780 )3:34 pm, Mon 12 Sep #1

mercartin, Sep 15, 5:43pm

r350t, Sep 16, 3:21am
Recipeon condensed milk tin always great