Tandoori chicken - yum!

pom-pom, Apr 10, 4:44am
Just thought I'd share this with you all. I've adapted a recipe from my Indian cookbook so this produces a more moist dish. Made it a few times and if you have lots of spices in the store cupboard it's so simple and fabulous. Tastes very authentic. I like heat so you can tone down the level and amount of chilli powder to suit.
Mix together 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp ground corainder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic (I use the stuff in the jar) 1 tsp crushed fresh ginger root (you can use the stuff in the jar but for some reason I like fresh best ginger root best) 1/2 tsp med-hot chilli powder (or less if you're scared) 1 1/2 dessert spoons tom paste, 4 tblsp lemon juice, 3 big tbsps thick natural yoghurt (yooghurt needs to be sharp - I like the Collective one best - the texture holds so well when you add the meat.) Dice two very large or three med chicken breastsand throw into the mix. Stir and leave to marinade for 2-3 hours.

Put grill onto med-hot. Line a deep roasting dish with baking paper and (using tongs) put chicken chunks over the base of the tray to fill. grill each side 13-15 mins. Serve on a bed of rice. If you like you can fry off and onion and some tinned toms and cook a sauce using the rest of the marinade. This recipe can be used to make tandoori chicken kebabs on skewers. It is really good!

rainrain1, Apr 10, 6:22am
sounds lovely, i am going to try it

pom-pom, Apr 10, 9:33am
Do try it. It is the best thing I've made in ages and I experiment a lot in the kitchen!

maynard9, Apr 26, 7:01pm
Pom-pom - thanks heaps for your recipe.I made it last night and it was very succesful.Have written it into my fav book.

I did cook it differently tho.I put the pieces on a baking rack and put it over the roasting tray that was 1/2 full of water and Fan-Baked it.This is how I do several other chicken recipes and it comes out lovely and moist.

thanks again for sharing.

iman007, Apr 27, 4:51am
my paste is the best, i even sell it to kitchens to cook their chickens in.
similar to above but tastier

gram, Apr 27, 5:02am
Sounds good. So are you going to share the recipe.!