Palm Oil - products containing this substance

brenda007, Apr 9, 4:42am
Can someone please steer me in the right direction to get a copy of the list of products we buy everyday at the supermarket which contain palm oil!Very briefly saw something about Auckland Zoo and orangutans and the rain forests on tv the other night and I THINK they said they have a list of all the locally available products which contain Palm Oil!As I am vision impaired I have a lot of trouble reading the labels in the supermarket because the writing is so small, and also the tv article said it can be named something other than Palm Oil.Thank you.

norse_westie, Apr 9, 4:45am
If I remember correctly Cadburys chocolate used it, but they bowed under public pressure and removed it from the ingredients. Don't quote me on that, but I vaguely remember some media hype about it. And that the excellent brands such as Lindt and Whittakers never did use it. Again don't quote me.

prawn_whiskas, Apr 9, 4:50am
Aux Zoo Palm Oil Free Shopping List (these are your safe items) probably easier to Know these ones than try and read the tiny print at the supermarket.

http://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/media/701178/palm_oil_free_shopping_list.pdf

brenda007, Apr 9, 5:39am
Many thanks for the above.Will have printed and enlarged to make reading easier and try to refrain from purchasing "bad" items.Hopefully, every little bit will help, and MAYBE these beautiful, intelligent, gentle animals will stand a chance of survival.

beaker59, Apr 9, 9:33am
All plastics so anything packaged. Anything with stabilisers on the label in fact most likely every prepared prepackaged food. Virtually all cosmetics and shampoos made in this part of the world.

panicky, Apr 9, 9:36am
Basically if it is labelled "Vegetable Oils" without listing what it is, it is likely to be palm oil.I have been to Borneo myself and seen the devastation and mile after mile of Palm trees and it is not good I can tell you.

roshu, Apr 10, 9:28am
Pays to make your own and save the planet.