Kinna54 Bread Question if you don't mind.

jns, Apr 8, 7:16am
Hey there, I've only had my breadmaker for a few months & I've made a couple of your recipies, the Spiced Loaf and today the White French Bread Recipie, these both come out amazing, very "light & fluffy" were my daughters words.Do they come out like this because you use the French Setting, rather than a regular setting!
Also do you have a good recipe for Foccacia Bread!Hope you don't mind me asking, but your recipies come out so much better than the ones in the book that came with my breadmaker.

kinna54, Apr 8, 7:49am
jns I also have adapted my recipes to NZ measures. That could be part of the reason why they are different. There is a marked difference in some overseas measurements. Fine if recipes are in grams, but if in cups there is a marked difference in weights. e.g From memory I think Aussie cup is 200 ml to NZ 250mls, and tsps and tablespoon sizes are different.
If I can find my chart I will post it.
Glad your loaves are turning out nice.

jns, Apr 9, 5:47am
Thanks for the recipe (yep I can read it okay) and thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.I knew the Australian Tablespoon size was different, but didn't realise the cup sizes were.I do remember reading somewhere if a recipe gives cups and grams to weigh as it's more accurate.It must have taken you ages to adapt all your recipies and get them just right.

kinna54, Apr 9, 9:03am
What brand of bread maker do you have.mine is aBreville and after I was just about ready to throw it out, after having bread like rocks, and reading up recipes online from other makers I hit upon the solution.
I contacted Breville on their free ph no. and discovered that they had a NZ supplement which was supposed to be packed in with the machine.
That is where I use most of my recipes from, and where I got the conversions from, although it was still a lot of trial and error, and some of my recipes I have converted from old sunbeam recipes as well.
I am not sure what the sunbeam manuals are like these days, (or where Sunbeam are made now) but you used to have to convert their recipes too.
The standard form was to replace the yeast quantities with 4 tsps of surebake yeast, and add 1 extra tablespoon of flour for a 750 gm loaf, but you still have to tweak them.
I tend to use 1 tsp of yeast per 1 cup of flour. Hope that may be of help to you as well.

jns, Apr 10, 7:01am
I've got a Breville, it didn't have a NZ suppliment with it.I'm just very lucky I discovered the bread thread and some of your recipies so I can cook and enjoy!