When you buy eggs at the supermarket do you

kuaka, Apr 7, 6:54am
ever lift the lid on the carton to see if the eggs are cracked!I did today, and found there were two eggs missing

supercook, Apr 7, 7:00am
I always check the egg's before buying in the supermarket.

jessie981, Apr 7, 7:06am
Once at S.M saw a man changing good eggs into his budget egg carton.
Supermarket always checks. (probably to ensure there has been no exchanges)

falcon-hell, Apr 7, 7:08am
the cheeky bastard.

jills3, Apr 7, 7:09am
I always check the eggs I am buying, I want 12 perfect eggs,but I notice the checkout person always checks the eggs.

carriebradshaw, Apr 7, 7:11am
Always.The one time I forgot there was a cracked one.

lilyfield, Apr 7, 7:18am
easier to see in a tray full, plus cheaper

kuaka, Apr 7, 8:18am
I actually did buy a tray today, instead of the usual dozen (or 10), because they were on special and were a better buy.

gingercrush, Apr 7, 8:22am
I love cheap eggs ;) The cagier the better ;)

elsielaurie1, Apr 7, 8:29am
I always check to make sure that they're not cracked.but never considered that some might be missing.!

possumeyes, Apr 7, 8:39am
Fortunate to have free range chooks :)

very_hotpants, Apr 7, 9:38am
Yes more often than not there is a cracked one or there maybe a smaller one or two that has been popped in .

kuaka, Apr 7, 9:54am
It took me by surprise, I wonder what would have happened, had I bought them and then gone back to complain that I was two missing, would they have believed me!It's pretty difficult to prove you don't have something.

maggie197, Apr 7, 10:27am
The supermarket I go to not only checks the eggs but sellotapes the lid down. On the Coast they put a rubberband around the carton so lid won't open in transit. Lovely!

vtired, Apr 7, 11:22am
From experience one must check top inside and bottom of cardboard container (outside) as not always obvious when you only look at top.

indy95, Apr 7, 8:35pm
I learned to do this too after finding cracked and sometimes undersized eggs in the cartons at the supermarket. I now buy freerange eggs at a local whole foods supplier and have never had a problem with anybought there.

jan2242, Apr 7, 10:33pm
Always check - we have egg thieves in our town.

dbab, Apr 7, 10:42pm
I always check too. Who wants cracked eggs!

kuaka, Apr 7, 11:57pm
Well I must admit I've occasionally forgotten to check them before buying and have once or twice brought home a cracked egg (or possibly cracked it myself on the way home) but I have never found a carton with eggs missing before.I wonder if it was a packaging fault or if someone helped themselves at the supermarket.

letitia, Apr 8, 12:25am
Always.And often the checkout assistants do too.

foodie, Apr 19, 10:10pm
Also give the egg a little shake back and forth, the more movement tha older the egg, sick of having eggs spread out over the pan cause their old. The fresher the egg the less movement is evident!